Causes, symptoms and treatment of wedge-shaped deformation of the vertebral bodies
Wedge-shaped deformation of the vertebrae is most often congenital pathology, but in some cases and purchased. TOOOhe Vertebra is the bone composed of a rigid framework, arc and branching processes. The entire burden falls on the vertebrae, the processes are connected to each other, and between them are the intervertebral discs. At the initial stage of human development is that blood vessels grow incorrectly, and this can lead to vertebrae aggravated form tab and immature spine.
Varieties of the vertebrae
A Wedge of the vertebrae is undeveloped or front side of the vertebrae Department. Often with such deviation are born, but there are a number of reasons for their occurrence:
- moved the injury;
- infectious diseases.
The Strain found in two forms: active and inactive. The first kind is unfavorable, since the height of a man this disease is increasing.
There is a classification of V-deformations depending on the localization:
- side – when deformed right or left side of the vertebrae;
- front or rear.
Typically, these pathologies are in the upper part of the waist or below the rib cage. If time does not detect pathology, time can produce a hump. Inactive the vertebrae are not able to harm the health, since they do not develop and eventually join the healthy vertebrae.
People with this disorder often suffers certain symptoms such as back pain, there is curvature of the spine into a scoliosis or permanent bending position. Small prevention of such diseases will not hurt anyone, and if you run, pathology can cause neurological diseases.
what causes deformation?
Usually, such anomalies in the spinal column are congenital and arise at the stage of embryonic development. The reasons may be different and depend on the lifestyle and nutrition of the mother during pregnancy:
- high blood pressure
- stress and anxiety
- are harmful or hard work;
- radiation or exposure to toxic drugs.
The Number of children with congenital disorders of the vertebrae increases every year. The acquired form of pathology may develop in infancy and adolescence.
Factors affecting its formation, as follows:
- moved the injury;
- inflammatory processes during infection;
The Reason for the development of spinal curvature, stoop and humping are congenitally deformed vertebrae. Should be timely treatment to avoid serious consequences.
The Main manifestations of this disease is severe back pain if a long stay in one position, shortness of breath when passing short distances, sometimes even get a headache.
The Physician during examination immediately detect this disease, as it brings a visible curvature of the spine and posture.
Deformity of the vertebral bodies is a very dangerous disorder that can cause serious complications, including:
- constant pain in my back;
- the curvature of carriage;
- the emergence of chronic diseases;
- offset of the internal organs.
Pathology th12 thoracic vertebra can lead to difficulty breathing and shortness of breath. Congenital anomaly of the thoracic vertebra is one of the factors contributing to the development of kyphosis.
In order To timely detect the disease and prescribe therapy, it is necessary to conduct a series of examinations:
- Magnetic resonance imaging. With its help, you can clearly see the deformation of the vertebral bodies and offer a more in-depth image.
- Radionuclide examination. To assess the state of the deformed vertebra.
- X-rays. Makes it possible to see internal organs and find a place with a deformed vertebrae.
- Straight-line tomography. As a result of this procedure it is possible to obtain more accurate information about the condition of the vertebral bodies.
How to treat?
To start the therapeutic measures, should know exactly the cause, as well as based on external data, the age and condition of the patient, to select the appropriate therapy.
Deformity of the vertebral bodies at the initial stage does not lead to serious complications. Whenthis may be a slight scoliosis, a slight curvature of the spine, which, if timely treatment can disappear. To such treatment include:
- manual therapy
- to wear a special orthopedic corsets;
- swimming and special exercises in the water.
In addition, the attending physician must make a series of revitalizing exercises to perform daily.
The Approximate set of exercises:
- tilts left and right
- trunk rotation
- tilts with the strokes of the hands.
The Full set of exercises is able to restore normal posture.
With the rapid development or neglect pathology may endanger human life. In this situation, surgery is carried out, thereby stopping the growth of deformed vertebrae. There are several methods of surgical treatment:
- posterior spinal fusion without the use of tools;
- posterior spondylodesis with the introduction of metalloelastase that allow you to correct the deformity of the vertebrae;
- anteroposterior spondylodesis;
- anteroposterior epiphyseodesis.
- excision of the hemivertebrae.
Modern technology allows to treat pathologies of the vertebrae, which have a negative impact on the human condition.
To avoid the development of disease, it is necessary to lead a healthy full life, to eat rationally, to avoid bad habits, to evenly distribute the physical load, control of posture and comply with security measures.