Indications for therapeutic swimming for violation of posture
Therapeutic swimming for violation of posture helps to strengthen the skeletal muscles, which will prevent the progression of spinal curvature. It increases the emotional background of a person, gives cheerfulness and forms of moral-volitional qualities.
water treatments affect the spine
Water treatments come in a variety of programs for the treatment of curvatures of the back, which held national rehabilitation centers. The mechanism of the positive effects on the body based on the following features:
- restore the conditions for growth of the vertebrae;
- the load off the damaged segments of the spine;
- to strengthen the muscle corset back;
- Improve blood circulation
- Recovery of coordination of movements;
- General hardening of the body;
- improvement of the respiratory and cardiac systems.
Therapeutic swimming recommended for all people in violation of posture regardless of its extent, but in the absence of contraindications:
- Infectious and fungal diseases;
- Chronic diseases of the respiratory system;
- Epilepsy with seizures;
- Conjunctivitis (inflammation of the cornea).
The Warp is the vertical axis of the body by a simple stay in the water persists. Rehabilitation centers swimming combined with a complex of special exercises:
- On the spine
- Training of the respiratory muscles;
- To relax the spasm of the muscles;
- To correct a flat foot.
depending on severity of disease, doctors recommend swimming style:
- When excessive severity of the curves of the spine (kyphosis and lordosis) recommended to swim on the back. However, at high magnification of the concavity of the spine in the lumbar used swimming Mat, to reduce the load on the damaged segment;
- Style crawl useful for flat foot to strengthen the muscles of the foot;
- poor posture due to excess protrusions in the thoracic region (Hyper-kyphosis) requires of style with the last butterfly.
synchronized swimming when the curvature of spine
synchronized swimming for violation of posture aimed at correcting the deformity in the spine and rib cage, formation of correct breathing and strengthening abdominal muscles. Classes using synchronous elements may be useful for prevention of twisting of the vertical axis of the body. If they are carried out 2-3 times weekly, the child develops correct movement stereotype.
This type of water treatment has the following contraindications:
- vertebral Instability;
- the Curvature angle of 10-15 degrees;
- Strong atrophy of the muscles;
- heart Defects.
In the list of exercises for synchronized swimming include symmetric and asymmetric movements, which are chosen individually.
Symmetric exercises involve maintaining midline position of the spinous processes of the spine to prevent severe displacement of its axis. Applied during the deformation of the spine in the lateral plane, when the predominant tone of the muscles on one side of the body. The exercise is done without weights with the position of the body (back and stomach). The symmetric example exercises:
- Lie on your back;
- Put your hands behind your head;
- Perform a movement similar to the breast stroke;
- turn over onto your belly
- Lift your torso and touch hands to knees.
Asymmetrical exercises contribute to the alignment of the spinous processes in the midline of the body. They require some skill, as a layperson it will be difficult to stay in the water.
Example of asymmetric exercises for posture:
- Lift the left arm up;
- On the back perform a "Bicycle" (the alternate movement of the legs);
- Lie on your stomach;
- Place your right arm along the body, and the left lift up;
- Cave and return to the starting position;
- take your Left hand behind your head;
- Perform a leg curl at an angle of 90 degrees in the hip joint.
synchronized swimming groups for children it is better to start with the symmetric exercise. They are simple to perform and allows the child to get used to the water.
There are special exercises to decrease or increase the physiological curves of the spine. They are appointed by the orthopedists.
The Treatment groups of children divided by age, but there are mandatory requirements for the swimming lessons to 14 years:
- the Number of children in the group should not exceed 12 persons;
- Duration of training shall not exceed 30 minutes;
- In the lesson included individual and group exercises;
- the majority of the time should take the training of skeletal muscle and mobility of the spine;
- special types of gymnastics will be given a maximum 10 minutes
- Before class you need to prepare the muscular system land;
- Class for children it is better to accompany nice music
- Swimming should develop a morally-strong-willedskills, be accompanied by the alertness and improvement in mood.
Therapeutic exercises in the water
There are preventative therapeutic exercises in water that can be applied every man with impaired posture:
- Repulsion from the side with a straightened leg and pull toes contributes to unloading of the spinal column;
- at the Beginning of the stroke take a breath. At the completion of the stroke, exhale. Breath should be performed fast, and exhale smoothly. The exercise trains the breath;
- Swimming breaststroke on back with slow breeding and pulling up of legs strengthens the muscles of the back;
- Correction of curvatures of the thoracic spine is achieved by sliding on his chest when swimming breaststroke;
- Slide on the back with "braza" helps to strengthen the abdominal muscles;
- Slide on the back with a Board on his outstretched hands strengthens the shoulder girdle.
Thus, swimming provides an indispensable aid in the treatment of curvatures of the back in children. As the child's spine is "soft and pliable", sessions in the water allow for effective correction of its deformations.