The differences and symptoms saved and pronounced lordosis
Lordosis of the spine – the presence of the concavity of the vertebral column anteriorly. Such a curvature physiologically, there are cervical and lumbar. The angle of curvature does not exceed 40 degrees (measured by the Cobb method on lateral radiographs).
If the given angle is enhanced even more, you receive the pathological lordosis. He is accompanied by a violation of posture, compression syndrome and displacement of internal organs.
Types of violations of the physiological lordosis of the spine
There are the following types of incorrect posture with increased lumbar concavity:
- Tipologicheskaya posture (krugovorota back) is characterized by increase of all curves. There is a slight flexion in the knee joints and the hyperextension in the hip. The shoulders are shown, the vanes are deployed outwards and stick out, stomach protruding. Can also be displaced anterior to the head of a man;
- Kyphotic posture (round back) accompanied by increased thoracic kyphosis and lumbar lordosis weakening. This violation is accompanied by a wrong distribution of body weight. Because of this increased load on the lower limbs, therefore when you walking and standing people always flexes the knee joints. When you round back head tilted forward, shoulders deployed to the sides, shoulders raised, the angle of the pelvis is tilted;
- spin-Concave characterized by straightening of the lumbar lordosis and thoracic kyphosis. Lumbar lordosis saved. In this posture the center of mass deviates posteriorly of the torso. Pererisovyvali the knees, the chest sunken, the chin lowered, and his head looking down;
- Flat back – all the physiological curves straightened. At the same time decreasing the inclination angle of the pelvis. The thorax is shifted forward, and the belly bulges.
the Main pathological symptoms of concavity of the vertebral column
The symptoms of the pathology depends not only on the type of pathology, but also on the degree of fixation.
Fixed curvature of the spine appears on the background of disease:
- Spondylolisthesis – displacement of vertebrae in the anteroposterior plane;
- hip Dislocation with formation of a pathological tissue adhesions;
- Inflammatory diseases of the spine with the vertebrae deformation;
- space-occupying mass in the lumbar.
Initially, the symptoms of this pathology are observed in middle age. Onset of the disease can be acute or gradual. Fixed curvature during movement leads to the involvement of the gluteal and femoral muscles by adhesions. In such situation any attempt of active movements leads to a sharp pain in the hip joints.
Other symptoms fixed lumbar curvature of the spine:
- Stretching of skin folds from the side of the contracture (tissue adhesions);
- Radiating pain in the area of berries and hips
- sensitivity usually does not occur;
- Pronounced and prolonged pain due to neurodystrophic changes in the tissues.
non-Fixed pathological lordosis often develops in young people. It is formed by irritation of the nerve roots in various pathological processes:
- Sciatica – inflammation of spinal roots;
- Spinal arachnoiditis – inflammatory changes in the membranes of the spinal cord;
- low back pain – decreased height of intervertebral gaps when damage to the intervertebral discs.
In this pathology physiological lordosis compensatory changes to reduced depreciation loading on the spine. Upon termination of a provoking factor reinforced lumbar concavity quickly returns to normal. If the process persists for a long time, formed of rough scarring in the surrounding tissues. Lordosis is fixed with all its consequences.
Principles of remedy the disease
To fix pathological lumbar concavity, when treatment should be guided by the following principles:
- If overweight, to correct the warp will be possible only after the elimination of excess pounds. Treatment of obesity in combination with incorrect posture needs correcting diet, herbal medicine complex, the impact on the active points of the ears;
- to Cure a straightened lordosis will be possible only after the elimination of the underlying cause of the disease, which is most often degenerative-dystrophic changes in the intervertebral discs. You can apply acupressure and relaxation massage, acupuncture, stone therapy. To eliminate muscle spasms and strengthenthe muscle corset back is appointed medical gymnastics.
- to Correct a pronounced lordosis in the background of osteoarthritis of the hip or habitual dislocation of the femur after orthopedic correction of the articular surfaces or endoprosthesis (artificial joint insertion).
Treatment with exercise
Treatment enhanced the concavity of the spinal column anteriorly through medical gymnastics is the basis of effective therapy of the disease.
The Approximate set of exercises for hyperlordosis:
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart in standing position. On the inhale, tilt your torso forward and try to get hands on a horizontal surface. On the exhale return to the starting position. Exercises should be done at a slow pace. The number of repetitions: 5-8
- Adopt the original position as in the previous exercise. On the exhale, tilt the torso forward and seize the calf. Bring the hips to the chest and return to the starting position on the inhale. Try to workout the legs were always straight;
- to quickly cure the pathological lordosis is necessary to alternate exercises in lying and standing. Lying back on the floor try to press lower back to floor. Hold your original position for 5 seconds. Return to the starting position. Repeat 6-8 times;
- Lying on your back, place your arms along the body. Turn the palm up. On the exhale try to bend the legs and extend to the stomach thighs. Input return to start position. Try to keep the shoulders snug against the floor. Repeat the exercise 4-6 times
- Treatment of hyperlordosis gymnastics also requires the use of simulators. They very effectively strengthen the muscles of the back thigh and the lumbar region. Slowly bend your knees with a dosage of 6-8 movements for 5-10 seconds. After charging you need to make several bends on the floor from a sitting position.
Enhanced lordosis of the lumbar spine is necessary to determine in a timely fashion to prevent the fixation of the pelvic-lumbar region with the formation of rough scars and the appearance of compression syndrome (nerve root entrapment).