How and for what reasons appears hyperlordosis of the cervical spine
Hyperlordosis of the cervical spine is excessive concavity of the anterior (45 degrees). Pathology is formed due to the incorrect head position when sitting, lifting heavy loads, incorrect organization bed.
The Disease often occurs among programmers, accountants and drivers. The representatives of these professions for a long period of time spend in a sitting position, which violates metabolism and blood supply of the spine. Over time these changes will lead not only to incorrect posture.
Classic hyperlordosis observed in children. In adults, the pathology is accompanied not only by increase of bending angle but also the curvature in the lateral plane. Often joined by other curvature of the spine.
The causes of the disease can be divided into:
Acquired hyperlordosis of the cervical spine is observed on the background of pathology of the vertebrae or genetic weakness of the neck muscles. Bone pathology form appears on the background of a wedge-shaped deformation of the vertebrae, anomalies of tooth C2, the merger of the tooth of the C2 vertebral body.
birth defects are accompanied by impaired joints of the upper cervical vertebrae (C1-C2) occipital bone ("Atlanto-axial connection"). This pathology can be detected when performing radiographs, but in children without the presence of the testimony method is not carried out, as radiation is harmful to health.
The Cause of congenital strengthen the cervical curve can be genetic anomalies of tooth in the upper, middle and lower thirds (agenesia), which also leads to disruption of the physiological relationship between the neck and head. As a result, the load of the head is not in the lower cervical vertebrae and the middle of the neck. In this area of the spine bone structure is weaker than the bottom, so the lordosis increases to compensate for physical activity.
Congenital anomalies of the vertebrae, doctors have to deal not so much with hyperlordosis, many neurological disorders resulting from disorders of cerebral circulation.
The Acquired form of the disease develops due to the following reasons:
- Rickets in children. The disease is accompanied by metabolic disorders of vitamin D and calcium which are necessary for normal development of bones and muscle tissue. The weakness of bone and muscle systems of the neck in rickets leads to the fact that the cervical spine cannot support the weight of the head and bends;
- Injuries of the cervical spine. Any damage to the vertebrae in this Department is accompanied by its deformation. To prevent it from warping, doctors at the slightest trauma prescribed the wearing of a corset Neck;
- Weakness of the skeletal muscles of the neck and rapid growth of the vertebrae occurs in adolescents during puberty. In this situation, the neck muscles "pull" on the curvature of the vertebral column;
- Hyperlordosis in the elderly occurs on the background of numerous diseases of internal organs and degenerative changes in the spinal column (eating disorders and blood circulation).
the Anatomical prerequisites of the disease
In humans the physiological lordosis (concavity inwards) exists in the cervical and lumbar spine. This structure in combination with thoracic and sacral kyphosis (outward deviation) forms a "spring" that helps the spine to deal effectively with physical loads during lifting and walking. Normally, the angles of these concavities and convexities do not exceed 40 degrees (approximately 20-30 degrees).
hyperlordosis When the warping angle increases more than 45 degrees. If this person is not available, some physiological postures. For example, hyperlordosis of the cervical spine accompanied by limitation of flexion and extension of the head, and difficulty when you try to tilt it towards the shoulder belt.
depending on the causative factor of the disease is classified into:
Primary hyperlordosis is a separate disease associated with damage to the vertebrae. It violated the anatomical shape of the cervical vertebrae, which on the radiograph are of the form of a parallelogram with vertices pointing down.
A Second pathology occurs against a background of spinal injury in other departments, as a compensatory reaction to reduce the depreciation of the load on the spine. In older people the disease is often associated with degenerative disc disease (reduction of intervertebral gaps) and spondylosis (fusion of vertebral segments).
Symptoms of cervical hyperlordosis
due to the proximity of the neck and brain, any pathology of the cervical spine leads to serious violations. Excessive curvaturephysiological curvature in this division may be accompanied by:
- vertebral artery Syndrome
- with Discogenic cervicalgia;
- with Discogenic cranocephaliies;
- with the Cervical.
vertebral artery Syndrome occurs when compression of the vessel, supplying about 25% of brain structures. Vertebral artery passes through the foramen in the transverse processes of the cervical vertebrae. Any offset leads to a narrowing of the vessel lumen.
Cervicalgia Discogenic (pain in the neck on the background of a slipped disc) is a secondary symptom of enhanced lordosis. Actually the state of related data, as hyperlordosis of the neck increases the likelihood of bulging discs between the vertebrae, and a hernia is a possible cause of curvature the axis of the spine.
A Similar situation is observed with respect to cranocephaliies (diffuse headache). This symptom appears most often in the late stages of disease, when compensatory grows bone in the cervical spine. Appear osteophytes (the deposition of calcium salts in tissues), which compress the nerve trunks innervating the vertebral artery. In addition, nerves can be squeezed and spazmirovannah muscle tissue.
For detection of compression syndrome in this situation it is enough to perform a simple test:
- Gently tap on the neck side (the projection of the vertebral artery);
- If it feels the increased pain in the area between the temple and eyebrows, likely infringement of the nerve governing the functioning of the vertebral artery;
- Feel the neck in the Central region;
- If you feel a headache pulsing or burning character, probable discogenic cause (cervicalgia, craniotherapy).
Cervical – pain in the upper extremity when compression of the nerve roots of the brachial plexus in the neck.
There are also combined symptoms that occur in the Wake of increased cervical lordosis. In any case, the treatment of this pathology is followed by trust in the doctor.
To the symptoms arose, it is necessary to monitor the posture from childhood. In identifying its slightest violation, to proceed immediately to medical gymnastics. Such prevention will protect you from cervicalgia, cranocephaliies and cervicobrachialgia in the pathology of the cervical spine. Take care of health from an early age.