The symptoms and treatment of a straightened lordosis of the cervical spine
Cervical lordosis and physiological concavity of the cervical spine with an angle of 40 degrees (determined on radiographs).
The Vertebral column consists of the 2-concavity (lumbar and cervical) and 2 bumps (in the thoracic and sacral divisions). This configuration of the spine allows you to optimally redistribute the load when walking on your whole body. When smoothing or straightening curvatures of the vertebral column is formed by the displacement of the center of gravity of the body with the gradual formation of pathological changes in osteo-articular system.
Lordosis can be straightened (chipolatas) or, conversely, excessively bend (hyperlordosis).
depending on the reasons distinguish following types of pathology:
- Primary – is a consequence of traumatic injuries of the spine, or tumors or inflammatory changes in bones and joints or muscular system
- Secondary – occurs due to birth trauma
- Pathological – occurs most frequently and is a consequence of improper posture or weakness of ligament-muscular system of the back.
depending on the clinical picture:
- Initial – the result of pathology of the spine and back;
- Secondary – a symptom lesions of the joints of the lower extremities.
Clinical symptoms of pathology largely depend on the degree of straightening of lordosis (chipolatas). In the initial stages the disease is characterized by:
- General fatigue
- a metabolic disorder;
- Deformation of the vertebrae.
Cervical lordosis is almost always accompanied by a decrease in the mobility of the neck and chest. Such changes lead to disruption of the blood supply in the brain. As a result, people with gipohlorita often complain of dizziness and neck pain when turning head.
As a result of the combination of factors creates the appearance of a man:
- Low head
- Extension chin forward;
- When geologize, if the man put his back to the wall, in the cervical region of the bend is almost not traceable.
If the lordosis of the neck straightened for a long time, in humans, there is excessive flexion of the thoracic kyphosis, which appears as a compensatory response designed to reallocate the excess depreciation the load on the spine when walking and lifting heavy objects.
If cervical lordosis is highly rectified, is formed hyperlordosis in the lumbar spine. Against this background, changes the tone almost all the muscles of the back, which leads to incorrect posture. At the same time a person changes a walking stereotype: he widely puts legs that create a stable position.
Several methods of diagnosis of the disease
In order to determine what a person lordosis in the cervical spine (physiological or pathological), doctors use a special ruler. One of them is applied to the edges of the lordosis, and the second set perpendicular to the depth of the concavity. Then measure the distance from the vertex of the concavity to the first line. If the cervical lordosis is straightened, the distance does not exceed 3 cm.
Very well observed smoothness in different parts of the spine on radiographs. To assess the severity of the pathology, the radiologists used the technique of Cobb. It involves the holding of the 2 tangent lines parallel to the vertebral end plates of the vertebrae that form the Foundation of the arc of concavity. These lines are perpendiculars. Then measure the angle formed by their crossing.
How to treat the problem
The Treatment of cervical lordosis involves compliance with the 4 important principles:
- Restoration of the normal position of the spinal column;
- Strengthening of the cervical musculature
- Restoration of blood supply;
- removal of the symptoms of the disease.
Treatment of disease must also consider the primary reason that has led to a flattening of the physiological concavity.
The following are the Most common treatment methods:
- Stabilization and unloading the spine.
Therapeutic exercises in pathology should appoint a doctor, because of the need for a differentiated approach to their selection in each case.
At home when geologize you can apply the following list of exercises:
- Lie on the floor belly and under the chinuse support with a height of 5 cm Clasp your hands together and put them on a pedestal. Then take them apart. Repeat the exercise 5-10 times. This exercise you need to exercise several times a day. That exercise did not cause headache, you must do it very smoothly;
- If prolonged sitting is necessary to take short breaks of 5 minutes. At this time rotate the head. At the same time try to keep your posture correct;
- Take the standing position, and tilt your head first one way and then the other. Try to keep the range of motion was the highest. In this case, try to touch ear to the shoulder. When bending head back and forward, keep the back of the head touched the back;
- Lie on your back and grasp his knees. Gently pull the chest to the head. Start to rock back forward and back.
In conclusion we will add that the treatment of this disease for a long period. The healing process largely depends on the regularity and correctness of observance of doctor's recommendations. In the process of therapy is very important to constantly monitor the correctness of posture (when sitting, walking and even lifting).