What is a sluggish posture and how to strengthen
A Sluggish posture – descriptive medical term indicating the weakness of the muscle corset back. It often holds back the hand to "maintain your posture".
Daily the muscles of the top humeral belt, back and lower limbs perform prolonged physical work. As a result, their stress, fatigue and dysfunction is common in people involved intensive labor.
causes of weak back muscles
Sluggish posture seen in people who are:
- Spend a lot of time at the computer, a machine, a writing Desk
- during the day often bend the trunk
- Long sitting on one place;
- Lead a sedentary life (physical inactivity)
- Put the body hrystovym movements (abrupt change of position).
for a long time sitting at a computer or Desk, gets tired skeletal muscles of the upper body. Without quality relaxation time in muscles accumulate "clips," the result is fatigue and strain. Pathology increases with poor sleep, since skeletal muscles are not fully relaxed and accumulates a pathological condition.
With prolonged sitting position the spine is in an unnatural position. His angle shifted, making it difficult diaphragmatic breathing. At the same time there is a violation of blood supply to tissue located below the waist (pelvis, reproductive system). Muscle fatigue is gradually transformed into low back pain (damage to intervertebral discs) and various kinds of posture (flat back and round, stooping).
lack of exercise is accompanied by a disruption in blood supply to the muscular system and the spinal column. In combination with pathology of internal organs sedentary lifestyle quickly leads to deformation of the spine (scoliosis, Hyper-kyphosis, hyperlordosis).
Sluggish posture during whiplash motion is formed due to the many daily microscopic ruptures at the musculo-ligamentous apparatus.
The Abrupt change of body position in the life of modern man is constantly occurs, irrespective of his wishes. When riding on public transport – the braking, acceleration and abrupt stop. These fluctuations have a negative impact on the cervical spine. Gradually they lead to the formation of degenerative disc disease, lack of blood flow to the brain, disturbances in the functioning of the heart.
Predisposing factors pathology of the muscles and spine
Factors causing muscle weakness and pathology of the spine:
- of the Anatomical features of the body;
- Physical activity that exceeds the capacity of skeletal muscles;
- Hypothermia back;
- Frequent stress and nervous feelings.
Sluggish posture often formed in childhood, and with age leads to degenerative disc disease, scoliosis (curvature of the spine sideways) and pathology of the internal organs.
In the process of growth of the child's body there is 2 of "explosive" growth period:
- 4-7 years
- In 14-16 years.
With a sharp bone growth skeletal muscles cannot cope with its functions, muscle mass increases more slowly than the increase in the height of the vertebrae. This increases the risk of curvature of the back.
Principles of strengthening weak muscles
There are 2 important principles of treatment of all curvatures of the back:
- Strengthening the muscular system;
- Conscious control of habitual postures.
Strengthening skeletal muscles can be achieved daily gymnastic exercises. When flaccid posture is rational to apply therapeutic exercise according to Paul Bragg. The relevance of performing these procedures increases if the person in the course of the day greatly reduced the size of the spinal column, which indicates the strain of the muscle corset back.
Measure the dimensions of the spine morning and evening. To do this, use the measuring tape to the spinous process of 7th cervical vertebra (clearly detectable in the back of the neck) and the beginning of buttock cracks. If during the day your spine is reduced in size at 3-4 cm, it is obvious that it is necessary to strengthen the skeletal musculature of the back.
During exercise, observe the following rules:
- do Not use greater physical effort to painful areas of the spine;
- Start to perform the exercises slowly with small power. Gradually increase the amplitude and force;
- If you feel pain, refrain from exercise. Replace it.
These rules are important to observe in the treatment of sluggish posture at home. Because man does not know the true changes in the spinal column, it needs to avoid of pain when performing exercises. Only after a qualified examination, you can apply exercises to improvethe body's resistance to pain syndrome.
gymnastics on Paul Bragg
Exercises for spine Paul Bragg designed to perform during a single workout. Between exercises you must rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Strengthening the upper third of the spine helps to normalize the skeletal muscles of the neck, head, intestines and stomach. Performing gymnastics helps to eliminate eye strain, headache, feeling sick and indigestion. Lie on the floor face down. Place your palm under the breast. Straighten your shoulders and lift the torso up, leaning on the toes and palms. The number of repetitions is 4-8;
- To strengthen abdominal muscles lie on your stomach and rotate your pelvis to the left first, then right. Lower the side as you can, but do not bend the arms and legs. Perform the movement slowly and smoothly. The duration of the repetitions – 8-12 times;
- the Following exercise is intended to remove residual stresses from the muscles, which was formed in the previous lessons. Sit on the floor and spread your arms back focusing on the floor. Lift the pelvic area above the horizontal position of the spine and descend to the starting position. Repeat the exercise 6-12 times;
- Next class aimed at strengthening the spine, with a prominent "stomach" nerves. Stretching this area allows you to free the roots from compression. Take a starting position with their legs stretched and widely opened arms. Bend your knees and cover their hands. Simultaneously raise your head and tap his chest with his chin. Lock position for 5 seconds. Repeat 2-4 times;
- Walking on all fours on the Bragg is one of the most important among all gymnastic exercises for the spine. To run it stand on all fours, straighten your legs and arms, lower your head down. Move around the room, but do not bend the arms and legs. The number of repetitions – 10-12 times.
In conclusion we note that the weak posture creates many changes in the body gradually. To get rid of it you need tenacity and patience. Only regular exercises will make the spine flexible, soft and quite "stretched" to withstand daily physical activity.
don't forget daily to monitor your posture. When walking, sitting or performing physical activities back should be upright, shoulders on the same level. Pay attention!