Exercises and massage that are required when kyphoscoliosis
Exercises for kyphoscoliosis thoracic spine help to normalize the muscle corset back and improve the blood supply in the spinal column. Given the high risk of complications of this disease, doctors have an individual approach to the selection of gymnastic exercises for each patient.
Principles of physical therapy
Before you start physical therapy (physical therapy) if you have both side and rear curvature of the spine, you should carefully examine the General principles of treatment of kyphoscoliosis in the gym:
- When applying exercise therapy must take into account the degree of severity of curvature. Severe degrees of the disease (3 and 4) before the gymnastics you must perform preparatory exercises to relax the muscles;
- Massage is not a method of treatment of kyphoscoliosis, but it helps to prepare the muscles for endurance and also improves the blood supply in the spinal column. It has to be done in the preparatory phase before the exercises;
- the Wearing of orthopedic corsets is the second basic method of therapy of spinal curvature. Starting from the 2nd degree of the disease, the wearing of corrective corsets is assigned to all patients. Gymnastic exercises and massage should be performed in between wearing these products;
- Kyphoscoliosis of the thoracic spine in children aged 14-15 years cured not only physical therapy, and traction. To combine corethrogyne with these methods, the physician should optimally calculate the time required to complete each procedure depending on the severity of the curvatures;
- Strength training when kyphoscoliosis 1 and 2 degrees is a completely useless kind of physical activity. Training in the gym to correct a pronounced curvature of the spine only lead to serious complications. Recommend young people give up on strength training, not to sit forever in a wheelchair
- Swimming is considered a good exercises for strengthening back muscles. When curvature of the spine in a posterior and lateral planes, one can hardly rely on its beneficial effect. It will not be able to replace the corset, and massage and medical gymnasts good enough for gradual strengthening of the muscular frame;
- Kyphoscoliosis 3 degree rarely eliminated by conservative methods. Physical therapy when it is assigned to prevent further progression of pathology. In marked curvature, it is very important to exactly follow the doctor's recommendations.
Complex exercise therapy
exercise therapy for kyphoscoliosis the thoracic spine may be directed to a dynamic or stable component of the disease. Dynamic component – the functionality of the musculoskeletal system. Static component – osteo-articular system of the vertebral column.
Changes in ligaments and muscles without pathological changes in the vertebrae require active exercises, which will help to get rid of the distortion (at 1 or 2 degrees). Static changes are more difficult to address. They are expressed in grade 3 and 4 disease and often require surgery.
The Correct selection of exercises allows you to not only restore the function of the muscular system of the back, but also improve the metabolism of the vertebrae. Before starting physical therapy recommend therapeutic massage and contrast shower.
The Complex exercise therapy for kyphoscoliosis 1 or 2 degrees:
- Follow Mahi feet up, but not more than the angle of 45 degrees. The number of repetitions – 10-12
- Circular exercises with legs clockwise strengthen the muscles of the lower back. Their amplitude should increase gradually. The number of repetitions in a single session – 8-10
- Circular motion on the feet anti-clockwise must be performed with a gradual increase in the amplitude. Repeat the exercise 10-12 times;
- In the supine position raise your straight leg up. Bend it in the knee joint and lead to the body. In the process of implementation it must be ensured that the second leg never left the floor. Gradually bring the leg to its original position. The number of repetitions to 10-12 times;
- Lift the foot to the knee. Then slowly allow the bent leg to the right and to the left. In the process of implementation should try to touch the floor with a bent leg. Repeat the exercise 10-12 times;
- Lift the straight leg up to an angle of 45 degrees from the supine position. Lower it toward the opposite leg. Then return to the starting position in a circular upward motion. The number of repetitions – 10-12
- Lift the straight leg up and then lower it down on the side of the opposite leg. Try to keep its inner edge touch the floor. Repeat 9-10 times;
- Straight leg raised up at an angle of 45 degrees, creates an additional burden on lumbar muscles. Hold this position for 10-15 seconds and then lower down;
- Lying on your back, spread your legs shoulder width apart. Lift up the straight leg and then slowly move to it another. Slowly lower them to the starting position. Similarly repeatthe exercise for the other leg;
- Do the exercise "scissors". Lying on your back, cross your legs together. Performing these movements, do not touch the floor. The duration of the exercise for 30-60 seconds;
- lift Both legs up at an angle of 45 degrees. Spread them apart in a straight line. Then put the two together and return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise 8-10 times;
- Do the exercise "Bicycle". Take original position on your back, spread your legs shoulder width apart. Then lift both legs up. In turn they bend and straighten within 30 seconds;
- Lying on his stomach, lift up first the left and then the right leg. In this case bend the lower back. The head turn always in the direction of the raised leg. Repeat the exercise 10-12 times;
- Lie on your stomach, put your hands behind your head "in the castle", elbows dissolve in the parties. Raise your torso up and look ahead commit. Return to the starting position. The number of repetitions is 8 to 10.
Not all exercises are useful when kyphoscoliosis thoracic spine, so the choice of the set of exercises in this pathology it is better to trust in the doctor. Only the correct treatment can restore your posture.