Paramediano (paramedicine) right - and left-sided herniated discs c5-c6, l4-l5, l5-s1
The defeat of the fibrous tissue of the intervertebral disc spaces leads to the formation of hernial education. If the protrusion is formed on the back surface of the spine, there is a dorsal hernia. One of the variants of this pathology will be piramidalny the herniated disc. Anatomy this formation looks like a defect of the fibrous ring of the intervertebral space, having the posterolateral direction and influencing the structure of the spinal cord to the right or left of the center of the spine.
what are the characteristics of intervertebral hernia paramedicine?
- most Often these hernial education arise at the level of cervical segments C5-C6 and lumbar L4-L5, L5-S1 vertebrae. Into these places go the spinal nerve roots that determine the functioning of the important organs that creates the greatest danger of damage. This is especially true in cases of hernias of large size.
- Piramidalny the herniated disc depending on the direction of prolobbirovat can be left or right. Paramediano left-sided hernia compresses the place of exit of nerve fibres from the left that will affect the problems with the left side of the body. Right, respectively, would affect the right side.
- In the posterolateral disc space there is a small hole with a length of 0.5 cm, through which the spinal root exits the spinal canal. If hernial protrusion goes through it, it generates paramediano-foraminal hernia. In the case of formation of such a hernia, the disease begins with a sudden attack of acute pain that cannot be stopped. Patient with a foraminal hernia, surgical treatment.
What can cause this pathology?
- Age-related changes in the fibrous and cartilaginous tissues of the spine contribute to protrusion of the disc and the rupture of the fibrous ring, causing the formation of hernia.
- jumping from a height, injuries and weight lifting greatly affects the condition of the intervertebral spaces, weakening of the fibrous fiber.
- Degenerative changes in the current long background of osteochondrosis are often the factor that creates conditions for the development of the hernial education.
What is the symptoms and diagnosis of this disease?
If you experience protrusion of the vertebral segments C5-C6 level of the cervical spine appear a complaint:
- severe headache
- pain in the neck, shoulders and hands;
- paresthesia, stabbing sensations and numbness in the fingers
- loss of feeling and a pronounced weakness of the muscles of the upper extremities;
- a sense of vertigo and auditory hallucinations by the type of tinnitus.
In the case of lesions of the spine at the level of lumbar segments L4-L5 and L5-S1 patients complain:
- pain in the loins and back, worse when coughing and sneezing
- radiating pain in lower limbs and gluteal region;
- pain, paresthesia, numbness in the feet and toes;
- muscle weakness in the limbs
- marked disorders in movement when the patient is unable to walk normally, to stand and sit.
left paramediano hernia will manifest itself mainly affecting the left side of the trunk and extremities, and right will lead to a classic clinical picture on the right.
The Doctor in the first place, is based on the patient's complaint and clinical manifestations of the disease. Certain diagnostic value of ultrasonic scanning in real-time. The main methods of accurate determination method of the protrusions in the segments C5-C6, L4-L5, L5-S1 are computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging.
Cure paramediano hernia – is it possible?
Very important factors influencing the possibility of cure, are the location of the hernia defect, its size, and the severity of symptoms. For example, paramediano left-sided hernia C5-C6 requires the immediate commencement of therapeutic measures. The same applies to segments L4-L5, L5-S1. If the size of the hernial education is small, there is a chance to prevent serious complications from compression of nerve trunks in the cervical spine.
The Necessary arrangements in order to relieve swelling andreducing inflammatory manifestations in the lesion. You can use topically cold, especially in acute pain. Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and painkillers.
The Use of physical factors in the form of physiotherapy, manual treatment in the acute phase is strictly prohibited. This can significantly worsen the patient's condition.
In most cases, patients surgical treatment, although the question of the operation from the beginning as legitimate only when foraminal hernias. In other cases you can begin with conservative methods.
After the surgery needed rehabilitation and restoration of the condition of the spine. The probability of recurrence of hernias in the segments C5-C6, L4-L5, L5-S1 is large enough, so the patient remains monitored.
Paramedicine hernia in the lumbar spine and the cervical greatly increases the risk of spinal cord lesions in a patient. Most of this relates to the foraminal herniation between vertebrae C5-C6, L4-L5, L5-S1, but also in the presence of posterolateral hernias in these segments the risk, no less. The holding of timely conservative and surgical treatment creates conditions for the recovery.