What is the blockade of the spine: indications and technique
The Pathology of the spine causes severe attacks of pain that must be treated. The blockade of the spine is a rather complex procedure that requires responsibility and knowledge of a specialist. Some medical references for spine describes the need of getting rid of the pain attack, if it applies to the lumbar spine, cervical spine and thoracic.
In that case, if unpleasant feeling arose spontaneously, to get rid of them is not difficult. Much worse be patient, if such pains are chronic. The cause of these sensations becomes the brain. To treat in this case, not only the anesthesiologist but also for the therapist. The latter appoints potent sedatives and antidepressants.
Often, these methods remain inconclusive, and therefore the only option becomes the procedure of spinal blockades.
What is this procedure?
Embargo – a temporary elimination of pain impacts medical drugs in specific parts of the body. This is a specific procedure that involves the use of local anaesthetics. Most often, the patient will need to have an injection, which can be obtained at home.
In Addition to getting rid of the pain this process is diagnosis. An example is there are cases when a specialist cannot determine the cause of pain of the lumbar spine. Even the tests can't confirm or refute the diagnosis. If you enter the anesthetic in the spinal column, the pain will subside in the case of source location in this body part. Most often the pain disappears instantly with vertebrogenic pathology. Otherwise cause discomfort comes not from the spine.
Any procedure relating to the patient's body any anesthetics, is conducted exclusively by specialists. The permit procedure is available only for:
- spine specialists
- of traumatologists-orthopedists.
In the knowledge the doctor has to have information about the anatomy of the spinal trunk, consequences and their elimination, contraindications and prohibitions. Conducted process need in the clean room – dressing room or small operating room. Before taking a shot, the person signs the consent, and met with all possible negative consequences.
Often the question for the financial side of the procedure. In this case, it all depends on what drugs the doctor enters. The average cost ranges from 400 to 700 rubles.
Indications for embargo
Epidural blockade, and cervical spine, is aimed at maximum acceleration of the process of getting rid of pain. This takes into account high efficiency of the process in several situations:
- low back pain one of the spine;
- intervertebral protrusion or herniation of the disc;
- intercostal neuralgia
- various problems with the nerves extending from the stem of the spine;
- herpes zoster.
The Procedure blockade is assigned in situations of degenerative-dystrophic damage. The expert takes into account the individual needs of the person. In most cases, it is customary to prescribe 1 injection, but in special situations you can assign the course, which consists of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 15 injections. Break between treatments is 5 days. The modern rules indicates that a similar process of treatment can be prescribe no more than 4 times a year. These regulations are the answer to the question, how often can you put the blockade in individual cases.
The Positive aspects are undeniable when shot:
- Has analgesic, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory effects. If inflamed nerve roots, relieves edema.
- Fast and effective results.
- the Procedure can be repeated several times if necessary.
- If you follow the rules of the blockade, complications arise.
Possible complications and types of closures
How do this procedure, you can ask the specialist. In each case the view of the ongoing blockade, and there are many. The choice is up to the doctor, which refers to the purpose and situation.
There are 4 types of closures used in practice:
- Ganglionic. A needle is inserted into a nervous knot or plexus.
- Fabric. Injection occurs in the soft tissue that surrounds the damaged area of the trunk of the spine.
- Conductor. Involves blocking of nerve fibers.
- Receptor. The injection is put in an active biological points on the body of the patient,muscle tissue, tendons or ligaments.
In any case, whichever species of blockade had to go through the patient each has consequences, and sometimes they concern not only the positive moments. The quality of the procedure and how long does the blockade depend on the specialist, sterile space and equipment, the behavior of the patient. Only in this way can reduce the risk of complications to a minimum.
should know that in case of bad procedure there is a possibility of occurrence:
- complications after administration of corticosteroids
- complications after administration of anesthetics;
- infection at the insertion site of the needle or on the surface of the spine;
- damage to the soft tissues due to improper insertion of the needle of the syringe.
But the blockade of the spine remains the only true way to get rid of pain and deal with disorders.
do Not take this process as they should, because it is quite complex and dangerous. If properly conducted therapeutic blockade, the patient may not only to suffer physically and to die.