Therapeutic exercises for neck osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis – dystrophic degeneration of cartilage. Often the pathological process affects the cervical-thoracic region of the spine. The main method of treatment and maintenance of disease in remission is regular curative and preventive complex of special exercises.
Gymnastics in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is permitted only after the acute period and the disappearance of pain. It strengthens and ensures the development of the muscle corset of the spine, improves trophic ligaments and slows the progression of the pathological process.
Patients with degenerative disc disease of the cervical and thoracic spine, wanting to get the most out of gymnastics, it is necessary to know some nuances:
- Activities to perform throughout the day, as the opportunity arises, is the key to successful treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical-thoracic region. Especially true for office workers, because gymnastics does not take much time, spinal exercises can be performed on the job at any time.
- To the cervical-thoracic part of all movements can be performed in the position of both standing and sitting in a chair. Low back pain needs to be soft and flowing movements that will not cause pain and pinched nerve roots. To maximize the effectiveness of therapeutic exercises combined with massage.
- in Addition to gymnastics for the muscles of the neck in the complex treatment included educational activities for the muscles of the shoulder girdle and upper extremities.
- Patients who lead a predominantly sedentary lifestyle, should observe the interval between the implementation of charging for the neck, which should not exceed 1 hour. For each hour you need to spend a few minutes and develop the cervical muscles, to stretch them.
Most effective exercises
The Exercises with cervical osteochondrosis is quite a bit of time, it does not require special skills, however, provides a pronounced effect and can be performed by each individual in almost any place.
The Main complex of treatment includes the following exercises:
- the neck Muscles tense, his hand is necessary to press on the forehead for a few seconds, trying to overcome the resistance, to carry out this action is necessary in three sets.
- After you perform the first exercise, keeping the muscles of the neck in tension, the patient should undertake a similar pressure on the temporal area alternately right and left.
- When regularly osteochondrosis you should perform circular movements of the neck, tilting their heads backwards. Repeat about 5-6 times during the approach.
- the Next step is to rotate the neck in different directions several times and circular rotation of the head. In this case, the hand must be placed on the cheek on the other side, which is head movement, and provide resistance to rotation.
Exercises for the muscles of the shoulder girdle
For the elimination of degenerative disc disease of the cervical and thoracic departments of vertebral column should systematically do the following exercises:
- standing or sitting to lift your shoulders up, hands are along the body, the maximum rectified spine. Linger for 15 seconds. Then the maximum relax. The number of repetitions is at least 10 times. These movements strengthen and relax the muscles of the lateral cervical region, relieve the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- in patients With severe symptoms – severe headache, to improve nutrition and blood supply to tissue, a good effect is produced by the massage in the neck area. It can be run independently.
- Circular motion in the scapula area allow pain symptoms and improves the metabolic processes in this area, relieve headaches.
- To improve health it is necessary to perform circular and stroking motions fingertips at the temples, behind ears and in occipital.
The Main advantage of treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine – physical therapy can be performed in almost any position and place. When combined with other rehabilitative treatment (massage and physical therapy) the effect of treatment will be more pronounced, and the symptoms are eliminated faster.
Treatment of cervical-thoracic spine should be performed very gently and very carefully so as to avoid increasing pain and exacerbation of the process. It is forbidden to perform sudden head movements to the side, rotate the neck without warming the muscles – this can lead to pinched nerve bundle.
An integrated approach in the treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical-thoracic spine will eliminate the feeling of discomfort and to achieve sustained remission. This requires the regular execution of gymnastic routines. In compliance with all basic requirements and recommendations, well-chosen treatment and systematic physical exercise, the disease will retreat and won't be long remind yourself.