The use of therapeutic exercises and therapeutic exercises after surgery in the lumbar-sacral spine
The specific exercises is a very important rehabilitative event. Physical therapy after surgery on the lumbar spine helps most patients get back on their feet. The most common causes that lead the patient to the neurosurgeon, are hernial protrusions of the lumbar-sacral spine and trauma. Operation is quite heavy, and after rehabilitation it can take many months. You should understand that physiotherapy is not only a set of exercises. Her vehicle is any motor activity: swimming, walking, baths, and sports games.
the Main goal of physical therapy
All forces should be directed towards the following activities:
- relief from pain
- recovery of function of the operated site;
- normalization of the mobility of vertebral discs and vertebral column as a whole;
- strengthening muscle tone
- maximum reduction or total elimination of physical restrictions and restore normal activity.
To assign an adequate set of therapeutic physical exercises, you should focus on how long ago the surgery was performed.
release 3 of the postoperative period:
- early – 7-14 days following the surgery;
- late – 2-8 weeks after the surgery;
- delayed – more than 2 months from operations.
Early and late postoperative periods
After surgery on the spine of the patient for a long time expressed pain, are swelling and inflammation of the operative field. During this period the patient is in the hospital under strict supervision of doctors. Need to be extremely cautious and careful to avoid complications. It is extremely important during this period to eliminate all physical activity and to ensure immobility of the treated area of the lumbar-sacral spine. Therefore, the physical therapy activities are aimed only at raising the General muscle tone and mobility in other parts of the body. Always under the supervision of a physical therapist and the attending neurosurgeon of the patient are regularly forced to perform the most primitive movement from day to day, complicating it and increasing the number of repetitions. with in No event it is impossible to avoid exercises that increase pain. Physical activity is governed by the patient's condition.
In the late postoperative period, physiotherapy is possible to diversify a bit. The patient usually already is at home or in a specialized hospital. The first few months after surgery to avoid stress on the lower back, so all the exercises are performed in a lying position.
Focusing on the health of the patient and on the severity of pain, after 4-5 weeks after surgery you can take a sitting position. Of course in the beginning will feel discomfort and pressure in the affected area, it is therefore necessary to strengthen a muscular corset. Perfectly promotes gymnastics in the pool. Immersion in water greatly reduces stress on all the spinal segments and allows you to perform more diverse exercises of remedial gymnastics.
With the patient in the pool is definitely a special instructor who monitors the correct execution of the movements and regulates the load on the vertebral column.
A Very good effect to provide additional holding of physiotherapy. Electrophoresis, phonophoresis, SMT in combination with physical therapy accelerates the recovery time and also prevention of potential complications.
delayed postoperative period begins 2 months after surgery, and it lasts throughout a person's life. The disease never returned and has not progressed, you need to spend much time in physical therapy room. Sessions should be regular and systematic, with gradually increasing loads.
Observe the so-called orthopedic regime. It implies a limitation on flexion movements in the lower back, even load distribution, the use of special orthopedic mattress.
To bring all the efforts spent on physiotherapy, to zero, it is necessary to perform elementary recommendations:
- Not SuperCool. After each session, LFC need to take a warm shower to relax the muscles and to dress warmly, wrapping the waist with a scarf even in the summer.
- Not to overstay. Cannot remain long in a sitting position. Every hour we need to change the position at least for 5 minutes to reduce pressure on the vertebrae.
- don't perestayut. If in the standing position appear painful sensations, and to lie down is not possible, you can simply walk around or gently proprietati. Usually the pain goes away after you follow these simpleexercises.
- don't lift weights. In the first year after surgery on lumbosacral precluded lifting items heavier than 1 kilogram. Of course, later in life when the function of the spine is fully restored, lifting more weight is not be avoided.
To lifting weights was not the cause of recurring disease, must take precautions:
- to pick up all the items only with a straight back;
- to distribute the load evenly between the right and left hands.
Physiotherapy is the main method of rehabilitation and prevention of diseases of the lumbosacral. Physical therapy is an integral part, and in most cases – the basis of any Spa therapy. There are many specialized vertebrology of health centres, which will help to develop the rehabilitation plan and calculate the necessary load. Twice a year you need to take a course of massage and gentle chiropractic for all sections of the spine to strengthen the effect of after surgery and to avoid relapse.