Causes and treatment of pain in the head and tremor with cervical osteochondrosis
Headache and tremor of the head with cervical osteochondrosis arise due to infringement of spinal nerves in the neck. The mechanism of pain in degenerative disease is as follows:
- In the initial stages of the pathology is formed by damage to the intervertebral discs. Cracks and dehydration of nucleus pulposus lead first to minor prolapse (protrusion) of the intervertebral disc posteriorly, laterally or anteriorly to the vertebral segment. Inside the cartilage over time results in irreversible changes, which are accompanied by cracking of the structure of cartilage. If not treated the above changes, a high probability of an intervertebral hernia. Its background is formed severe pain, which is with difficulty removed analgesics.
- When damage to the intervertebral discs of the vertebrae are broken the location. They are shifting, which increases the load on the vertebral joints. Articular processes gradually wear away in the area of the damage growing bone osteophytes. The condition causes a limitation of mobility of the vertebral column.
- Above changes lead to infringement of spinal nerves. Against this background, gradually there is pain, swelling and inflammation. Pain at first is localized along the spine, and then proceeds to the head area.
Why is there headache in osteochondrosis
Tremor and headache in cervical osteochondrosis appear for a number of reasons. The most often pathology is formed in old age (after 50 years). Of course, not all elderly occur degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the vertebral column.
The Cervical spine is mobile, therefore able to recover quickly with little physical exertion. However, if damaged vertebrae of opportunities to restore vertebral segments of the body lacks.
Headaches appear even if the infringement of the nerve roots in the cervical spine. Dizziness is a consequence of compression of the large vessels – a vertebral artery, which passes through the holes of the transverse processes of the cervical vertebrae.
In any case, symptoms such as tremor and pain in the head, testify to the dangerous pathologies of the spinal column to be treated, otherwise it will develop into more serious conditions – lumbago, backache, tinnitus and migraine.
Why do I get dizziness and tinnitus
tinnitus and dizziness on the background of degenerative changes of the spine are formed on the background of innervation and vascular pathology. The cervical spine is movable. It is able to withstand heavy static and dynamic load.
Nature has made cervical spine mobile to be able to look around. This anatomical feature allowed him to survive in a hostile environment.
In the twenty-first century threats to human life is practically nonexistent. Increasing numbers of people spend a significant amount of time on the computer. In this situation, the observed congestion, which gradually formed damage to the facet joints of the spine.
There are other causes of vertigo and tinnitus in the pathology of the vertebral axis: incorrect organization bed, sedentary lifestyle, metabolic disorders, brain pathology.
Symptoms of pathological changes in the brain and the cervical spine are formed in old age due to General circulatory disorders and disorders of nutrients to the intervertebral discs.
In the cervical spine there is a great richness of nervous terminations, high density of vessels, a large crowd of muscular-fascial structures. Damage to any of these anatomical structures give rise to the subsequent development of pathological changes.
Symptoms of osteoarthritis neck
The Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis accompanied not only headache, dizziness, pain along the spinal column. There are specific characteristics headache on the background of pathologies of the spine:
- localization of pain in the temporal and occipital region;
- constant symptom;
- increases with movements;
- dizziness associated with motion.
Often when degenerative disc disease neck pain are observed in the hands and chest. Amid these changes there are neurological symptoms – numbness in extremities and tingling.
The Above symptoms can be confused with angina pectoris. Its distinctive features are the radiating pain in the shoulder blade and forearm. Duration of symptoms – from 5 minutes to several days. Whenangina pain is rarely more than 30 minutes. However to sit and wait, when the pain disappears, is dangerous to life.
Specific symptoms of the cervical spine:
- numbness of the tongue;
- backache in the cervical region of the spinal column;
- violation of skin sensitivity in the hands.
If an abnormal condition occurs on a background of spastic contractions of muscle tissue, may appear sharp pain in the neck when turning or tilting the head. When the body tries to protect the affected area of the spine, in the spine that grows in the bone tissue. The treatment of such changes necessitates the restriction of the mobility of the muscles of the neck.
Against this background, there may be tingling in the neck, the temples, the parietal area and the occiput.
Another cause of the pain in the head and neck region is a vertebral artery syndrome.
How is the vertebral artery syndrome
vertebral artery Syndrome is impingement of the vessel between the vertebrae. These vessels are located in the transverse foramina of the vertebrae on the right and left. The compression leads to constant headache that is not relieved by the pain medicines. Symptom such a migraine, but it appears he does not suddenly, and after sudden movements of the neck.
Often in the background of this condition there is a noise inside the ear. The symptoms can be confused with neurological disease – peripheral or Central visceral syndrome.
People with high blood pressure above symptoms can appear in the background of another crisis. If such symptoms occur rarely, it is possible to say that the degenerative disc disease in humans is expressed only slightly.
Another thing, when manifestations of degenerative-dystrophic processes combined with high blood pressure. Degenerative diseases are not eliminated by pharmaceutical drugs. Peaks hypertensive crisis can be treated only with antihypertensive drugs. Interestingly, when combinations of these States the pain in the head, tinnitus do not disappear even after normalization of pressure.
here are Absolutely useless and painkillers. Treatment pathology is combined means. In this situation, you should immediately consult a doctor.
In summary we will tell about the peculiarities of pain in the head osteochondrosis of the neck.
features of pain in the head with cervical osteochondrosis
The Pain in my head (cranially) with cervical osteochondrosis has the features:
- intense and sharp, enhanced by movements of the head and eyes;
- occurs in the form of attacks lasting from 6 to 10 hours;
- is localized in the temporal and occipital region;
- is accompanied by a painful neck, vomiting and nausea, which do not bring relief;
- appears in the morning;
- increases after the tilt and swivel head
- usually chronic;
- does not pass after using analgesics;
- is the cause of insomnia, neurosis, irritability and high blood pressure;
- becomes the cause of reducing disability.
You Need to pay attention that cranially in degenerative diseases of the cervical spine is never accompanied by the following symptoms:
- nausea and vomiting
- increasing the temperature above 37 degrees;
- increased symptoms over time.
special attention deserves the "neck" migraine. The disease occurs on the background of injuries of the spinal nerve. In pathology appear severe attacks of pain that begin in the neck. The disease may be aggravated by eye movement. It is not treated with conservative drugs.
Therefore, dizziness, tinnitus and cranially is a dangerous condition whose treatment can be carried out only combination therapy (anti-inflammatory, analgesic, chondroprotectors). The choice of tactics of treatment of this pathology should be entrusted to a physician.