Symptoms, signs, treatment cervical chondrosis
The Cervical chondrosis – a common disease that occurs mainly after 40 years. The cause of pathology – degenerative-dystrophic changes. When they observed a disturbance of microcirculation, therefore, the bone tissue does not receive nutrients.
The Problem is complicated by the fact that the cartilaginous discs do not have their own network of blood supply. The nutrients they receive from the surrounding layers of the periosteum.
The Lack of microcirculation in the intervertebral segment (combines two a number of underlying vertebra and the cartilaginous disc between them) leads to the defeat of the spinal column. Against this background, and appears chondrosis neck. Over time it is joined by the degenerative disc disease of the thoracic and lumbar spine.
The Cervical chondrosis strikes the most moving segments (C4-C7). Through them come the spinal nerves, which are sent to the area of the upper shoulder girdle. The change of these segments forms a specific clinical symptoms of the disease, a complete cure is impossible.
The article will discuss the causes, symptoms, consequences and treatment of disease.
Main causes and disease description
Vertebral artery supplies about 25% of brain structures. The vessel passes through the holes in pobachennya the process of cervical vertebra. If chondrosis, or the displacement of the segments the patient has the following symptoms:
- pain in the upper extremities
- high blood pressure
- shallow breathing
- Increased heart rate.
In Addition to the blood vessels through the neck is a large number of nerve endings. Cervical chondrosis 2nd and 3rd degree leads to irritation of the nerves. Hence specific symptoms:
- a shot in the arm
Compression of the nerve endings when the disease worsens spastic contraction of the muscles with increased nervous impulses. In addition, pronounced chondrosis of the spine leads to irritation of soft tissues and bone spikes (osteophytes) that are located in the corners of the vertebral bodies.
Special effects occur when pathology provokes the intervertebral herniation of the cervical spine. They can only be treated surgically.
Surgery doctors recommend only when medications do not bring relief. In this case, operation is performed to restore the structure and position of the intervertebral disc.
The Cause of the chondrosis, degenerative-dystrophic diseases. When they observed the violation of blood delivery to all tissues. In the spine intensive blood supply, so any changes of peripheral blood lead to secondary diseases.
note that the cervical chondrosis years younger. In the twentieth century it was observed exclusively in older people. A sedentary lifestyle and other triggers led to what today doctors reveal osteochondrosis and young people (aged 20-30 years).
Not always mentioned causes lead to deformation of the cervical spine. Cervical chondrosis is formed under the influence of etiological and precipitating factors.
Predisposing factors of degenerative disc disease of the neck:
- the curvature of the spine;
- poor posture
- back injury
- alter the metabolism
- hard work
- weak physical form;
- constant stress;
- infectious disease
- hypothermia back;
- sedentary lifestyle.
Chondrosis is only the beginning of more serious diseases. The identification of pathological changes of the vertebral column the student does not mean that he will develop serious consequences. After all, if the assigned treatment for an ailment in the early stages, you can avoid pain and disorders of the heart and breathing.
Classification of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine in degrees:
- Not observed clinical signs of the disease. The disease at this stage is detected only on the basis of radiography of the cervical spine.
- Maybe a pinched nerve endings when turning body or bending. Morphologically accompanied by narrowing of the intervertebral slit ¾ of the height.
- there is severe pain at rest. In the external examination is marked deformity of the axis of the vertebral column.
- Strong pain occur at the slightest movement. Significantly disrupts the functioning of the heart and lungs. To cure pathologies at this stage it is impossible even surgical methods.
The Above classification is used when choosing tactics of treatment of chondrosis.
The Cervical chondrosis generates the following symptoms:
- reduced hearing and vision;
- gait disturbance and motor coordination
- snoring during sleep (due to stressmuscles).
In severe stages of the disease are symptoms such as the violation of skin sensitivity in the upper limbs, numbness.
A Pinched nerve trunks accompanied by painful sensations on the skin, toothache and headache. The pain may radiate to the shoulder and arm. Strengthening of pain in the arm or shoulder appears after attempts to raise a limb up in the 2nd stage of the disease.
How to get rid of pathology
Patients Responding to the question, how to get rid of the cervical chondrosis, we recommend first pay attention to the prevention of progression of disease:
- Knead the muscles of the cervical spine after a long stay in a sitting position (exercises described below).
- do Not lift heavy objects, not to create a lot of pressure on the cervical spinal column.
- Never make any sudden movements.
- correct posture.
- avoid drafts.
- don't be nervous.
- Get rid of bad habits and correctly organize the diet.
The Above methods of prevention of the disease will help get rid of pathology faster. However, in the presence of narrowing of the intervertebral discs of the spine preventive measures will not be enough.
To Treat the cervical chondrosis in the following gymnastic exercises:
- push the palm of your hand on your head and hold the position for 3 seconds, repeat 7 times manipulation;
- follow pressing his forehead on the arm, try to stretch the muscles of the neck, repeat 7 times
- bend my head back down, try to keep your chin to the sternum, but to overcome the tension of the occipital muscles;
- keep your shoulders straight and your head, then turn the neck right and left, repeat 5 times.
There are many complexes of physical therapy, effectively treat chondrosis. However, in each case, the physician must select the optimal scheme of gymnastics.
Drug treatment of chondrosis allows you to eliminate only the symptoms of the disease. Morphological changes in the vertebrae remain for life, so the patient should constantly follow the doctor's recommendations on prevention.
To Completely cure the pathology is possible only in the initial stages. Consequently, it is very important to timely detect and refer to specialists. Medical experience shows that all attempts at self-treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease fail.
Headache and dizziness – symptoms that appear on the 2nd stage of the disease. Most people in this case pain control medications, but does not think about the causes of disease. Over time the above symptoms are worse, and the patient still go to the doctor, but chondrosis by this time may already provoke intervertebral hernia.
Treatment Methods changes in the intervertebral disks of the neck:
- stimulants regeneration (recovery) disks – protective agents (teraflex, mucosal);
- anti-inflammatory and analgesics (diclofenac, Ketorolac);
- manual therapy
- leech therapy
- wearing the collar of the Trench.
All of the above methods are selected individually for each patient depending on the peculiarities of the manifestation of disease in each of them.
The Cervical chondrosis at the 1st stage, not accompanied by clinical symptoms. Over time it progresses, and it is joined by the signs of secondary changes by which doctors diagnose the disease.
The Most common secondary symptoms of degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine:
- spinal cord compression
- entrapment of the nerve root (radicular syndrome)
- vertebral artery syndrome
- cardiac symptom;
- reflex-irritative syndrome.
The consequences of chondrosis neck quite dangerous and difficult are treated by conservative methods.
Remember that without treatment the osteochondrosis of neck lead to disability!