Symptoms, signs, causes, treatment of degenerative disc disease
Osteochondrosis is a common disorder in which there is destruction of the intervertebral discs throughout the spine. A few years ago the pathology was considered the prerogative of the elderly. The present proves that the disease was gradually getting younger. Doctors identify it in young people after 30 years, that long-term sitting at the computer and lead a sedentary lifestyle.
Considering why there is an osteochondrosis, it is necessary to pay attention to endogenous and exogenous causes.
Exogenous causes are lesions of the spine:
- the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus
- pathology of the blood supply of the vertebral column;
- age-related changes of cartilage.
The Main etiological factor in degenerative disc disease is an asymmetric load distribution on the spine. To provoke pathological changes of traumatic injury, the weakening of the muscular structure, infection, lateral bending and stooping. In adolescents the main cause of deformation of the spine is poor posture during prolonged stay in an uncomfortable position.
Endogenous factors of degenerative disorders of the spine:
- lack of in the diet of calcium, phosphorus and vitamin D
- metabolic disorder
- secondary disease.
The Above list of causes pathology can continue for a long time, but regardless of the etiological factor, the pathogenesis of the disease is uniform. Tactics of treatment depends on the degree of curvature and the severity of pain.
Polyfactorial diseases described in the international classification of diseases 10 revision (ICD 10). In this document, pay special attention to the formation of the juvenile form of the disease, which requires a special approach to treatment. If you remove the warp at an early age can prevent further development of deformation throughout life.
Given the multiplicity of etiology, pathology, physicians often focus on the following anatomical change in the body:
- hypotonia muscular system;
- muscle tension
- pathology of the musculoskeletal system of the spine;
- circulatory disorders
- degenerative disc disease.
Each pathogenetic link requires consideration to properly treat the ailment. On the treatment of illness significantly affects the hereditary weakness of the musculoskeletal system. When her medication is not helping. To cure these violations, there is only one way – physiotherapy.
When searching for an answer how to cure low back pain in people with an inherited genetic predisposition, it is necessary to resort to stimulative treatments such as massage, physiotherapy, manual therapy.
Interesting, but in ICD 10 there is no form, taking into account heredity. There are several options adolescent deformity of the spine various locations.
Organization diet regime and rest
In the initial stages of the disease is fairly proper diet and perform physical therapy. Activities will help to normalize the tone of the skeletal muscles to support the spine in the correct position.
Before the regular execution gymnastics, should refrain from heavy lifting and sedentary lifestyle.
A sample list of exercises to increase the effectiveness of treatment of osteochondrosis:
- Attach a hand to his forehead. Push it on the head, strain the neck muscles. Thus the head must resist the pressure for 7 seconds. Repeat the exercise 3-4 times.
- Press the hand on the left temple. Tense your neck muscles for 7 seconds. Repeat the exercise 5-6 times.
- Bend your head back. Try to overcome the pressure of the tense neck muscles. Slowly lower your head down, press the chin to jugular fossa. Repeat the exercise 5 times.
- Stand up straight and expand the shoulders. Turn your head slowly to the side. Turn first right and then left. Repeat the exercise 5-6 times.
- Push your chin to your neck. In this position, slowly turn their heads in different directions for 5 times.
- Bend your head back. Reach for your right shoulder by the ear. To the left shoulder – your left ear. Do the exercise by turn 5-6 times.
- put your hands on the back of his head. Place the chin on the forearm. Raise them as high as possible. Stay in this position for as long as possible.
The Diagnosis of low back pain in patients is characterized by individual characteristics. Consequently, orthopedists-traumatologists selected for each individual exercise.
Orthopedic products to eliminate degeneration of the back
Despite the fact that the manifestations of the disease are similar, each patient must choose an individual or an orthopedic corsetbelt for the waist due to the unique anatomical structure of the body.
The Clinical standard for the treatment of degenerative disc disease of the spine requires the wearing of these products when 2-nd or 3-th degree of the pathology.
In such a situation is assigned a rigid corset, to prevent curvature of spine and to maintain the axle in correct anatomical position.
long-term wearing orthopedic corset can lead to muscle atrophy, so the product must be periodically removed. For example, in the intervals between medical gymnastics.
Chronic intervertebral degenerative disc disease in the acute stage can be treated with a woolen belt. They improve local blood circulation and promote the formation of perfect conditions for the healing of inflammatory changes. In acute pain syndrome to warm the lower back is denied.
First aid for degenerative disc disease involves the use of painkillers – baralgin, analginum, tempalgin. The majority of patients these drugs do not help.
When the disease is better to use the funds of the group nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs – ibuprofen, diclofenac, etc. These medications affect the gastrointestinal tract, therefore, without skilled assistance emergency treatment can not be applied.
To reduce the intensity of pain syndrome, assigned a local pain ointment – viprosal, finalgon, capsicum.
drugs Such as apizartron contain bee venom. According to popular recipes it helps with back pain. There are methods of treatment of pathologies of the bites of bees. However, they do not always bring positive effect.
The Choice of tactics of therapy should always be discussed with your doctor. Especially when trying to get rid of the disease with the help of snake venom!