Medications and injections and cervical and lumbar chondrosis
Chondrosis – so popularly called the symptoms of osteoarthritis. A long and exhausting pain of the neck and lumbar section of the spine is often his fault.
Pain with chondrosis is dependent on the stage of the disease and the localization process. Most often it is the aching, dull character, disturbs the patient at night. During exacerbation of the pain becomes sharp and often disrupts normal human movement.
Treatment of chondrosis is largely confined to the restoration of the power of cartilage and improve local circulation, and relieve pain.
When the patient is faced with a choice, what medicine to buy, the shots. Everyone knows that injections are the fastest to raise to his feet.
What do you choose? Of course, those which will prescribe the doctor. Indeed, many of them being sold on prescription.
Why, the doctor will prescribe the injections:
- In the first place because they are quick. And this is a definite advantage during exacerbation of chondrosis back. Then in remission, the doctor will prescribe an ointment and tablet.
- Injection form of administering the medication acts just to the pain. It concerns the execution of blockades of the neck and lumbar region of the back.
- When injected into the blood gets the exact dose of the drug. It is that which is necessary. Unlike pills, the medication goes through the intestines and does not lose some of the active substance.
- If the person has problems with digestion, some medications, particularly nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) may worsen the condition. In this case, the injections are the perfect solution.
When the treatment injections will bring the best effect
Chondrosis of the cervical or lumbar spine accompanied by severe pain at the time of exacerbation of the disease.
In addition, the pain may be accompanied by symptoms such as dizziness, especially with cervical osteochondrosis, or a sensation running on the skin "pins and needles" – paresthesia. There are drugs in the injections, is able to cope with that.
However, you must remember that pain relief is only symptomatic treatment, it does not eliminate the disease.
Drugs are divided into several groups:
- Medicines that relieves pain and inflammation, so called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. We consider them in detail.
Representatives of the group of NSAIDs are Ketorolac, ketorol, diclofenc, voltaren.
Ketorolac, ketorol have a strong analgesic effect and less inflammatory. Most commonly used in the treatment of lumbar chondrosis.
However, with these drugs should be careful for people suffering from chronic gastritis, as they can provoke exacerbation of the conflict.
Diclofen, voltaren can reduce inflammation, relieve swelling in the site of the lesion of the nerve roots. These drugs also tend to affect the gastric mucosa.
- Vitamins needed for nutrition and better functioning of nerve fibers and improve blood supply to the affected spine. Of particular importance are B1, B6 and B12. The b vitamins are appointed in neurology to reduce muscle tension, improve blood circulation.
Widely used such drug, as milgamma. This is a multivitamin complex containing a large number of vitamins of group B. It has analgesic effect, normalizes the blood supply to the nerves, muscles. Widely used in the treatment of chondrosis neck, herniated discs, neurological pathology on the background of diabetes.
The milgamma Administered only intramuscularly.
- Chondrosis incurable without chondroprotectors. They nourish the cartilage and prevent its premature destruction.
Alflutop, mucosal, structum, don, teraflex restore the damaged cartilage.
Chondroprotectors are not suitable for the treatment of acute conditions. Their effect builds up gradually and you may notice improvement not earlier than after six months from the start of therapy. In addition to they can help only at early stages of chondrosis.
Long-term treatment of osteoarthritis using chondroprotectors can reduce the dosage of anti-inflammatory drugs.
The Course of treatment is at least 4 months, but analgesic effect also lasts for 3-4 months. Necessary preparation and the application method, the doctor selects individually, based on symptoms and stage of the disease.
- Muscle relaxants. This group of drugs affects the reticular formation of the brain and provides relaxation of muscle spasm. Muscle relaxation leads to reduction of pain, improvement of blood circulation.
The Most commonly used mydocalm. The drug is available as tablets and injections. Despite the fact that this substance acts on the Central nervous system, its use is relatively safe. It is also used in Pediatrics.
Mydocalm goes well with milgamma, especially when the so-called "neck" syndrome when neck pain arises, associated with compression of the nerve roots and deterioration of their blood supply. With disorders of the neck also bind suchsymptoms, such as dizziness and headache.
Closures in neurology is called manipulation, which essentially boils down to the following. Drug is injected directly into the source of the pain. That is, with cervical osteochondrosis medicine is injected in the neck, in the lumbar in the lumbar region. This method of administration of a substance is called paravertebral. Sometimes it can be injected directly into the intervertebral disc or the epidural canal.
Often the shot contains a small dose of the hormone to prolong analgesic effect.
Used this method of treatment as an ambulance in cases of severe pain. After the blockade, the pain subsides almost instantly. The injection allows to achieve relieve muscle spasm, inflammation and edema and restore circulation.
Cervical osteochondrosis When this manipulation is combined with subsequent immobilization of the cervical collar of the Trench. A few days later the collar is removed and permit the mild to turn his head.
To Execute a procedure may be the only person with higher medical education. Most often it is the neurologist, if not, an injection can make the anesthesiologist.
whatever caused the exacerbation of osteochondrosis, it is necessary to try to prolong remission. To do this, you need to carefully treat their health. Try not to SuperCool, not to do sharp movements, not to lift weights and every day to allocate 20 minutes on a charge.