Assigned if the disability osteochondrosis
Disability in osteochondrosis occurs quite often. The majority of older people, despite the long treatment, the disease leads to a range of pathological changes in the body. Sooner or later they become the reason for issuing incapacity for work. It can be temporary or permanent. Also there are 3 groups of disability. Talk about it in the article.
To Assess the health of a person will be the expert Commission of doctors. They will analyze many documents to make an informed decision. The patient needs to prepare in advance of the conclusion of different specialists: the spine, a neurologist, a cardiologist, and other doctors, to which he appealed at the time of treatment of degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the vertebral column.
what are the criteria For temporary incapacity for work is established by the expert Committee:
- Features neurological syndrome.
- Localization and extent of lesions.
- Production factors that led to the disease.
- Characteristics household factors.
To install disability specialists are guided by the following criteria:
- cervicalgia (neck pain) lasting from 7 days to 3 weeks;
- frozen shoulder for a period of more than 4 months;
- pain in the shoulder and acromino-clavicular joint within 6 months;
- rear sympathetic syndrome with attacks of vertigo within 3-7 days;
- radicular syndrome in osteochondrosis of the thoracic lasts more than 10 days;
- with lumbar lesions: the number of lumbodynia with temporary incapacity for work for 10 days, the number of lumbalgia for a period of 18 days, discogenic radiculopathy.
On the basis of the criteria described above is exposed to one of three groups of disability of the patient.
3rd group of disability exhibited when a person is able to independently take care of themselves, but because of poor health spends a large amount of time. Such patients should be severe pain and disturbed some features. Exacerbation of osteochondrosis occur periodically.
group 2 – frequent exacerbations with long-lasting. Surgical treatment of pathology has led to the fact that the man long time was forced to be in rehabilitation period. After that, he lost the ability to perform some everyday things. He moves only with someone's help (the limit of the second degree). Sometimes the second group of disability in osteochondrosis doctors expose the displacement of vertebrae (spondylolisthesis).
group 1 exhibited a decrease in the functions of the vertebral column. Against this background, there is a damage lower extremity with paresis and paralysis, so the patient can not move independently.
The Above criteria for the installation of disability in degenerative diseases of the spine are universal. There are individual types of evaluation status of individual patients.
degenerative disc disease of the lumbar spine are often treated operatively. Created individual evaluation criteria of health status after laminectomy.
condition Assessment after surgery
depending on the type of operation has the following features and evaluation of the patient:
- removal of intervertebral hernia, rear access (fenestration, interlaminate, hemilaminectomy), with duration from 30 days to 90 months. After the operation, the minimum period of disability equal to 2 months. If the pain persists and time constraints more than 4 months, the patient should be examined by medical expert Commission for determining incapacity for work;
- discectomy with anterior access is treated in the hospital 1.5-2 months. If the person on sick leave is more than 6 months, require installation of temporary disability. In this pathology often is assigned to 2nd group of disability duration of 1 year;
- if the vertebral artery is pinched, and inpatient treatment continues for more than 90 days, should evaluate the functional properties of the patient.
Important criteria of temporary disability
The Main criteria for assessment of temporary incapacity to work:
- low back Pain (persistent, severe). When lumbar osteochondrosis pain can severely limit mobility, which leads to the maintenance of posture. Daily activities when pathology is significantly limited. On the background of osteochondrosis of the cervical radicular syndrome and frozen shoulder leads to dysfunction of the upper extremities. Necessary to assess the mobility and sensitivity of hands for the installation of disability.
- In violation of dynamic and static loads you receive the motor function of the lower limb. At the bottom paresis, radiculoischemia people withdifficulty walking up the stairs.
- the Defeat of the cervical spine is accompanied by vestibular disorders. Gradually formed a sharp limitation of mobility of the vertebrae. A person having swinging movement of the arms, vibration is generated.
- On the background of degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the spine creates functional difficulties in physical labor.
In conclusion let us add that the medical Advisory or medical rehabilitation expert Commission (MREC) is not always determined group of disability. They take into account not only patient's health but also social factors: age, living conditions, needs surgical treatment.
Mainly in lesions of the lumbar perspective on disability is poor. Especially, if the duration of the pain syndrome in the pathology of more than 12 months in total terms.