Refused sternocleidomastoid muscle of the neck, torticollis appeared
Hello. My name is Irina, I am 27 years old. Please tell me, why refused to one sternocleidomastoid muscle on the neck? And whether it is possible somehow to recover??? That is, it does not fully work. Doesn't work right, and the left for two. Because of that, there was torticollis. Treated with may 2013 different doctors, a chiropractor, homeopath, osteopath. But no one can not do anything. Analyses all in norm, there were no injuries!!! How to restore the muscle that refuses to work?
Hello Irina. To answer your question about the reasons of refusal of the sternocleidomastoid muscle notice that to determine the cause of careful diagnostics of the cervical spine on the subject of the infringement of the nerve roots. It is better to do an MRI.
I would also Like to know the status of your cervical lordosis. Young people very often it is straightened because sedentary lifestyle and long sitting at the computer.
There are other causes of failure sternocleidomastoid muscle:
- dysfunction of the temporomandibular joint because of fillings, prosthesis, insertion of implants
- Injuries, bruises and sprains muscular-ligamentous apparatus of the neck;
- Degenerative diseases in the cervical spine (osteochondrosis, scoliosis, spondylosis)
- Inflammatory changes with hypothermia (exposure drafts or air conditioning);
- Intervertebral hernia with impaired muscle strength.
How to eliminate spasm of the sternocleidomastoid muscle
Because of injuries you had, it can be assumed that a spasm of the right sternocleidomastoid muscle arose from the infringement of the local spine in the cervical spine. In this case, even on the radiograph of the lungs can be detected over a narrow gap between the vertebrae on the right.
If on the radiograph or after performing magnetic resonance imaging serious pathological changes in the cervical spine is not detected, we can assume any change in muscle or nerve lesion in other departments (temporomandibular joint, face).
Neurologist, chiropractor, massage therapist and homeopath does not have the ability or practical experience to determine the limits of movement of the muscles in various planes, as well as local spasms diagnosis. For a more accurate diagnosis verification would like to know the condition of the following muscles:
- trapezoidal Top portion;
- Levator scapulae
- Long extensor of the neck.
When compression of the nerves in the cervical spine often reduced their power.
As for the pathology, medical funds without identifying the causes of disease to recommend nothing, in order not to harm.
Practical experience tells me in this situation kinesitherapy. A qualified technician could test separately all 10 of the neck muscles, spasm which leads to Krivoshei. Using kinesiological approach can identify the cause of the pain and hold qualified treatment.
let's analyze the classic session:
- First, the doctor examines the patient's complaint, from which it becomes clear which direction to look for the reason;
- Then it evaluates range of motion in different planes;
- the Next stage is kinesiological testing;
- After the course of treatment – re-examination;
- Cycle repeats as long as the muscles will not work normally.
I Hope the above points will help you choose a qualified professional to get rid of the problem.