What is anterolisthesis, what are its symptoms and causes
Anterolisthesis L5 arises in connection with the displacement of the fifth lumbar vertebra to the first sacral (S1). Pathology dangerous spinal cord compression, nerve root impingement, strong pain in gluteal region and lower extremities. Deterioration is observed when bending the waist forward, backward and sideways.
Why there is displacement of the vertebrae
causes of anterior displacement of L5:
- Cleft arch of the fifth lumbar vertebra (spina bifida);
- is a Hernia or protrusion of intervertebral disk protrusion anteriorly;
- Degenerative-dystrophic changes in the vertebral column;
- inflammation of the sacroiliac joint (ankylosing spondylitis);
- Traumatic injury of the facet joints.
The classification of the causes of anterolisthesis:
- Dysplastic – if there is a defect of development of the 5 lumbar vertebrae
- Isthmic – when mikrohromatichesky permanent damage to the muscular-ligamentous apparatus of the spine;
- Degenerative – long disorders of nutrition and blood supply;
- Pathological – neoplastic lesions of the spine;
Herniated disc forms anterolisthesis when directed Borsalino (in the cavity of the spinal canal). This forms not only the anterior displacement of the vertebrae, but also inflammatory changes in the soft tissues, contributing to the formation of the specific pathogenesis of the disease.
If anterolisthesis is formed on the background of degenerative changes of the spine, instability of the spinal segment develops gradually. Initially, the damage of articular-ligamentous apparatus, which can maintain the physiological position of the vertical axis of the body. While there are neurological symptoms of tension iliac muscles:
- Lasegue – when lifting the legs up in the supine position, there is pain in the gluteal region, perineum and lower extremities. She stops when bending the knee and hip joints;
- Neary – pain in the lower back, aggravated by sharp flexion of the head to the chest of a sick person;
- Wasserman if to pull the leg of the patient lying on his stomach, the pain appears on the anterior surface of the thigh.
The tension of the iliac muscle at the L5 instability is observed when a sharp turn of the body, physical activity, weight lifting.
Over time, degenerative changes lead to the formation of a false joint. It appears at strong destruction of the intervertebral disc. The condition causes sharp pain when changing the position of the body.
The Final stage of the disease is accompanied by a shift of a vertebra is more than 2/3 of the length of his body, which can lead to disability.
The Above symptoms occur in 70% of patients with osteochondrosis of the spine 3 and 4 degrees. In such a situation on the radiograph almost always traced straightening of the lumbar lordosis and increased thoracic kyphosis (spinal hump).
Traumatic injury to the vertebral column offset of the lumbar vertebrae (L1-L5) can lead to the immobilization of the lower extremities due to infringement of the sciatic nerve. Condition is dangerous spinal cord compression (foraminal stenosis), and therefore requires prompt treatment.
Other symptoms anterior displacement of L5:
- Neurological: loss of knee and filologo reflexes, loss of cutaneous sensation, the paraplegia and paralysis of the muscles of the lower limb (complete or partial immobilization);
- Cardiovascular-autonomic: violation of blood supply in muscle tissue, increased blood pressure, malfunction of the heart.
Through lumbar 5 segment are nerve roots that Innervate the lower limbs and pelvic organs. When they infringement in the case of instability of spinal column possibly impaired urination, diarrhea, diarrhea, and excessive gas accumulation in the stomach.
To prevent congenital instability of the vertebral segments, need surgery.
To prevent displacement in case of degenerative-dystrophic diseases need proper and regular meals, except stationary lifestyle.
Avoid microtemperature spinal column when exercising. During prolonged sedentary work take regular breaks every 45 minutes.
Remember: anterior displacement of L5 in the initial stages may not show symptoms, but over time it leads to serious complications, which are not treated and can lead to disability. The disease can only be prevented!