Varieties of bandages for the back and spine and their functions
Bandage for the back, specialized for the treatment and prevention of diseases of the spinal column, is a corrector for posture (corrects existing deficiencies). Provides correct load transfer to all parts of the spine.
Types of bandages and their functions
- Corset accelerates blood circulation.
- Unloads the affected area and provides locking.
- Stimulates cell metabolism.
- does Not allow to deform the spine (curvature, stooping).
There are several types of bandages in connection with the purposes:
- Corsets for pregnant women.
- Protivoradikulitnye bandage.
- Orthopedic brace.
The Brace is worn for pregnant women in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. Reduces overload on the spine, relieves pain, is used as support the belly helps prevent stretch marks of the skin and muscles. Prevents hypertonicity of the uterus, reduces the period of regeneration of muscle tone after the baby is born.
The Purpose of an orthopedic corset is lowering the load on the damaged structure, tissues of the spine.
The Corset protects against displacement of the vertebrae. The structure comprises a plastic or metal edges. This contributes extremely to boost the look of the bandage to the natural curves of the vertebral column.
Some types of possess a straps and bands, provide the ultimate consolidation.
Other varieties of orthopedic brace are:
- Correction – supports in the desired shape of the spine. Great helper in the formation of correct posture, eliminates the stoop.
- Locking – fixes hypermobility of the spine, relieves pain. The additional load from the spine is unloaded.
- at Random – at a time executes some number of targets (corrigiruut-fixing, razhruzhaly-corrective).
- Discharge – reduces tensions in problem areas by reducing force on the interaction of forces within the region. Eliminates pain syndrome, which triggered muscle spasm.
Classification according to the degree of rigidity
According to the degree of stiffness there are such types:
- Soft – used in neurological disorders for the extension spasm of the blood vessels. Improves the blood flow in the affected location. Not specialized for development of correct position of the spinal column (not ideal when stooping), unloading the intervertebral discs.
- Semi – carry sports exercises, hard physical labor, if there is painful syndrome in the back. Recommended drivers, is support product, relieves stress.
- Hard brace is used after injuries, surgical operations on the spine, the spinal cord. Reduces the recovery time, replaces the main potential of the affected areas.
Bandages on the spine:
- Brace lumbar sacral. Provides the fixation of lumbosacral and protects the muscles from excessive tension. From excessive overload can support the affected area. Gives a gentle RUB, has a warming quality. This corset wraps around the pelvis.
- Lumbar bandage – wraps plot of the pelvis, the chest and fully lumbar spine.
- Thoracolumbar bandages. Grasping nearly the whole breast and the waist. Necessary for the period of regeneration after injuries, surgical procedures, in the prevention and cure of stoop, degenerative disc disease, osteoporosis.
Restore the performance of muscles, the musculoskeletal system, have support the property does not have a rigid additions, help to correct posture. They facilitate unloading of the anterior vertebral column.
Indications and contraindications
Shows the corset in such cases:
- Osteoporosis thoracolumbar division, osteochondrosis, spondylosis.
- Specific lesions of the spine.
- Prevention of neurological disorders, discogenic radiculitis and spondylogenic.
- or Compression fractures of the transverse process of the vertebrae.
- herniated discs, myelopathy, icharge.
- Scoliotic deformation of the spine (stooping).
- After injuries, surgeries.
- Individuals who have occur massive load.
- to Women during pregnancy and the postpartum period.
Contraindications forwearing can be such factors as:
- Persons suffering from skin inflammatory diseases.
- If after surgery there are fresh outer joints – can occur suppuration, divergence.
- Hernia of the abdominal wall.
- an Allergic reaction to the material from which made corset.
How to choose the right corset?
After the appointment of a specialist to wear the support belt for the back need to choose the right product. An unsuitable corset can exacerbate back problems, harm your health in General.
Supporting corset should be effective, the physician will set the parameters after x-ray and a detailed examination of the patient. You need to choose solely on size and tailored to the distinctive features of a person.
Consequently, before you choose a specific form, it is necessary to make measurements of waist and waist (without clothing). In anticipation of the acquisition should be re-measure.
The stiffness of the brace is determined by problems of the spine. You should not assign a bandage themselves, only on doctor's advice.
When choosing you should pay attention on degrees of fixation:
- Easy has in its design 2-4 ribs.
- Medium captures with 4 to 6 ribs.
- has 4 Strong ribs, curving along the contour of the lumbar.
If the bandage for the back needed to treat, choose the hard types of corsets. For preventive purposes perfect soft or semi-rigid products.