Which corset to choose when kyphosis and how to apply
Corset when kyphosis is assigned to structural changes of the vertebrae and disease of Chairman Mau. When postural strengthening of convexity in the thoracic spine it does not apply, as the pathological changes caused by weakness of the skeletal muscles of the back.
Structural pathology form implies a deformation of the vertebrae with a reduction of their height. When postural the analogue of the curvature due to the strong myopically (muscle strain).
Combined, the changes that occur with disease Chairman, accompanied by a wedge-shaped deformation of the vertebrae more than 3 throughout the thoracic spine.
When assigned to corethrogyne you have increased kyphosis
formed In the spinal column in adults the use of a corset will not lead to alignment of the vertebral axis, but can prevent further progression of the disease. In children the spinal column has cartilage structure, so can be easily modified under the influence of external loads. In this situation, corethrogyne when used correctly can completely get rid of the deformation.
Under what conditions is assigned to the wearing posture corrector:
- Degree kyphotic arc of more than 70 degrees;
- High probability of progression of pathology;
- Flag posture or inability to move;
- Sharp pain that does not resolve with medications;
- the Presence of wedge-shaped vertebrae (with the disease of Chairman Mau).
Corethrogyne is also used in patients with severe pathological curvature to prevent pain, when conservative remedies do not bring relief.
When disease Chairman Mau high probability of further reduction of height of intervertebral disks, as well as the rapid emergence of new wedge-shaped vertebrae. Some orthopedists recommend at this pathology corethrogyne when the angle of curvature of over 60 degrees.
The Angle of convexity of the thorax is assessed by radiographs in the lateral projection according to the method of Cobb. With her in the picture, the doctor draws a line tangent to the vertebral end plates of the upper and lower vertebrae, forming the arc of curvature. These lines are perpendiculars, which intersect with each other. Measure the angle of intersection, located in the upper part.
The kyphosis corset when worn, depending on the degree of curvature and the severity of the clinical picture of the disease:
- in patients With severe curvature recommended wearing products not less than 20 hours (removed at night and during the adoption of bath procedures)
- to eliminate the discomfort requires getting used to the product. For this daily time of wearing a corset is increased by the hour
- for cancellation from products his socks gradually reduce to the spine got used to the new status.
During the growth of the body orthotics curvatures must be under the constant supervision of a physician. Due to the changing conditions of the formation of muscles procedure requires periodic correction. For example, after 3 months wear the posture corrector can require reclinator or the locking mechanism of the thorax.
In functionality the following types of corsets:
Preventive model recommended for children for prevention education kyphotic arc of the spine. In their application a child can do daily activities without special limitations. Only at first he may be experiencing discomfort associated with getting used to the product.
Curing type of release applied, if necessary, correction of severe deformity (kyphosis grade 3 and 4). In this situation, products are assigned a moderate or strong rigidity, which are equipped with plastic or metal inserts that form the "edge pressure".
The Product with 2 reinforcing ribs consists of a solid portion and an elastic connecting material. The shape of the corset forms the doctor, bending it according to the needs, to create the shape necessary to put pressure on the arc of curvature. Sealed shoulders are supported by straps that do not stretch when turning the body.
Medical corset does not contain latex, therefore, may be imposed when an increased tendency to allergic diseases.
Breathable fabric does not irritate the skin. Certified regulatory models are equipped with straps, allowing you to configure the product to the individual features of the shape.
Types of braces
There are several types of corsets for treatment of increased protrusion of the chest posteriorly. Consider the common types and their purposes:
- posture Corrector with ribs strong degree of fixation. This product is equipped with metal inserts. The degree of pressure on the spineis determined by the number of edges. At 2 degrees kyphotic deformity of the thoracic spine, doctors recommend a model with 2 edges.
- Orthopedic fixators of the spine strong compression rates for adults have low mobility and limit the forward bends, back and sides. The duration of their use should be monitored by a doctor, as the products lead to a sustained relaxation of muscles for long life;
- heavy duty clamps equipped with 4 ribs. Assigned when expressed deformation of the spine that require external pressure to restore the physiological position of the vertebral column. Such models can be worn not more than 8 hours a day. During their operation physicians usually prescribe physical therapy to be completed in between wear model.
- Orthopaedic corset for fixation of the shoulder girdle is applied to limit the mobility of the upper extremity compression syndrome (entrapment of the nerve roots) in the cervical or thoracic;
- clavicular Locking mechanism is indicated for correction of malposition of the clavicle. Violation of their positioning often occurs when kyphoscoliosis (increased thoracic convexity posteriorly to its lateral displacement) in children;
- the Model for the fixing of the blades is used prophylactically to prevent twisting of the thoracic and lumbar in adolescents. The product is very useful for the formation of the child's skills of correct posture while sitting behind a school Desk;
- preventive Medical corset made of rubber banding. It is recommended for adults and children with the wrong posture and excessive convexity in the thoracic spine. The therapeutic effect model provides controlled dilution of the shoulder girdle.
The Corset when the kyphosis should be used only when prescribed. Wearing jewelry may result in an increase in the degree of curvature of the spine due to the muscle relaxation. Only competent and regular corsetiere brings a therapeutic effect.