The choice of a corset (girdle) and collar in osteochondrosis of the lumbar, cervical and thoracic
The Corset from degenerative disc disease is given to patients with moderate and severe degree of disease. On the background of weakening of the muscular-ligamentous apparatus of the back, deformities of the vertebrae, asymmetry of skeletal muscle this product allows you to avoid the progression of degenerative diseases.
Fixing corsets, belts, bandages and declinatory serve a dual purpose – fixing the damaged sections of the spinal cord and correction of curvature. They can be mild, moderate, and high rigidity. Select a product must a physician depending on the patient's condition.
The Wearing orthopedic corset is not for everyone. These products are recommended when the patient has a strong pain and high risk of further spinal curvature.
With the weakening of the muscular-ligamentous apparatus corset helps to relax skeletal muscles and support the spine in the correct position. However some patients find it helpful hard corset that is tight is tightened along the waist.
Another goal of using such models is the elimination of movement patterns, which is formed in every patient with impaired mobility in the spinal column.
The Corset for the lumbar spine is chosen mainly among mid-and high hardness. They are equipped with plastic or metal plates that put pressure on certain parts of the spine and prevent the distortion.
If the product is hard to tighten, it eliminates pain syndrome. However, they should not be worn for a long time, since disrupted skeletal muscle. Products are fixed on the rump rigid straps with adjustment. Lumbar better to buy the model from neoprene or bandage tape. Vertebrologists also like to assign models equipped with polyamide mesh. It has all the properties of high-quality fabrics:
- prevents the accumulation of moisture;
- highly breathable
- in summer it is cool and warm in winter.
Orthopedic product for the lumbar spine can cause discomfort only in the case when the dimensions of the device do not match the proportions of the body.
Pay close attention to the selection of the orthopedic belt for the waist and corset in degenerative diseases. Loss of the intervertebral disc and displacement of the vertebrae at such pathology can cause a sharp pain on the type of lumbago with limitation of the spine mobility. If you choose a too rigid model, it is possible to remain permanently disabled. So pick the latches needs a doctor!
Especially carefully it is necessary to consider the choice of the product for the neck. During strong compression of the vertebral artery there is hypoxia of the brain! This vessel runs in the transverse foramina of the cervical vertebrae and provides blood to 25% of brain structures. Not difficult to assume that will be when compression of the artery with a clamp or reclination.
Look and types of orthopedic fixator
Types of orthopedic braces for neck and lower back:
- full-size corset to the chest Department with a headlock. The model consists of elastic fabric, containing additional stiffeners. They keep the spinal axis in the physiological position. The product limits the mobility of the head, but it is necessary to normalize its tone;
- the collar is somewhat limited in size. It fits over the neck and prevents the exacerbation of the pain syndrome. Recommended for use when performing a physical therapy;
- pneumatic clamps inflates and support the spine in the correct position. The fixture has a convenient adjustment, but need some time for adaptation;
- the brace is characterized by a high degree of fixation. In comparison with the collar, it is somewhat tougher. Used in severe degree of degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the spine – osteochondrosis, spondylosis and ankylosing ligaments.
Classification of products according to the hardness:
- Soft elastic.
Mechanism of action are the following types:
- correction tools – designed to repair defects and posture
- fixing – reduce pressure on the spine.
You Need to carefully select the fixture. Perhaps it will have worn for several decades. It is desirable to adapt to this clip and learn how to combine it with physical activity. If within a few months of wearing the device, the use is not visible, it is better to buy another model.
Next, we describe the basic rules for use of the device.
How to wear products
The Correction status of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine by using orthopedic reclination from degenerative disc disease requires a perfect condition of the back. If the product is picked up incorrectly, will occur muscle blockade, which would enhance the symptomsdisease.
The Maximum wearing time of the product should not exceed 6 hours. When moderate degenerative disc disease should carry no more than 4 hours.
To properly wear the device for correction of the thoracic and lumbar need to follow these rules:
- Carefully observe the mode of wearing products recommended by your doctor.
- Start the adaptation for 15 minutes a day.
- Every day you need to increase the time by 30 minutes.
- If the model causes severe pain in the back, it should be eliminated.
Please note that mild degenerative disease in the lumbar spine is better to buy a belt for the waist. It can be used in conjunction with orthopedic devices. The belt prevents curvature of the lumbar and thoracic spine. However, it cannot completely cure the disease.
Remember, orthopedic corsets, bandages and collars in osteochondrosis is applied provisionally as long as there is a risk of displacement of the vertebrae. When the spine is stabilized, they are being phased out.