How to choose a cushion under your back and neck in osteochondrosis
The Roller under my back in case of osteochondrosis is used to normalize the blood supply in the cervical and lumbar spine. The pharmacy can buy different models of products. They can be manufactured from a compressor of cotton, waffle towels or foam. What model will suit a particular patient, can determine only a doctor specializing in the treatment of diseases of the spinal column.
under the back Cushion is assigned when lumbar osteochondrosis. He is a product of length 80 cm This size is necessary to ensure that the device remains under the waist, when the man turned on his back and on his side.
The Thickness of the roller is adjusted individually. For these purposes, you should measure the distance between the waist and the surface of the bed. Similarly, the model selects under the neck. For this purpose the distance is measured between the mattress and the cervical spine. Approximately this thickness should buy the product.
The Individual option is a product that is used when a strong pain in his back. Roller in such a situation it is necessary to enclose not only under the lower back, but also under the knee and ankle joints. Doctors also advise to stay the area of the lumbosacral raise legs above the level of the torso in a horizontal position.
let's Consider some particular choice:
- Cervical or lumbar cushion should not cause pain. If pain when using the products there are, you should opt out for a few days.
- Orthopedic product under the neck in osteochondrosis can be replaced temporarily with a pillow that optimally fits the characteristics of cervical curve.
- In exacerbations of degenerative disc disease of the lumbar spine may experience pain in the lower extremities, knee and ankle joints. For pain relief need to buy a few cushions under the hip, knee or ankle joints.
- If a person with degenerative-dystrophic disease of the lumbar spine there is swelling of the lower limbs, you should take medications before using an orthopedic cushion.
- Reducing congestive changes for varicose veins of the lower extremities – pre-preparation that needs to take place for several weeks. In the presence of a swollen limb is difficult to select the thickness of the cushion.
- To reduce congestion you can do the exercises: circular movements of legs, flexion and extension, movements in the knee joints, exercises to strengthen abdominal muscles. They increase the outflow of venous blood and lymph, relax the muscles of the legs.
- If you are used to sleeping on their side, the cushion can be placed between the knees.
- During exacerbation of osteochondrosis of the neck can also use collars, corsets and various supporting fixture type collar Trench.
In conclusion we will add that to choose a cushion under your back or neck in case of degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the spine alone is difficult. It is better to entrust the decision to the specialist. It should also be borne in mind that this orthopedic product is used simultaneously with other devices.