Indications and contraindications of physiotherapy in diseases of the joints and back
Physiotherapy is the treatment of the body by natural factors. Depending on what is used physiotherapy, indications and contraindications can be different. In some cases, the use of physiological therapy is justified, and which should be abandoned or another method?
Indications for physiotherapy
Even the simplest ways physiological effects on the body are selected individually for each patient. But in most cases, physical therapy helps the treatment of pathologies that are difficult to resolve with traditional therapy. These include:
- disorders of menstruation
- diseases of joints and spine;
- adhesions occurring after surgical operations;
- chronic inflammation of the appendages and uterus;
- urological diseases.
There are and physical therapy to children under the age of 14 years. But we are not talking about complex influence of the significant factors. As a rule, massage and other methods the simplest of physical therapy for the back, which are contraindications to self-treatment and only the doctors incompetence.
Often used methods are
Galvanotherapy – treatment of disease by means of electrical elements. The different types are assigned in the following cases:
- pain relief for joints and for pain syndromes (neyromiozit, neuritis, neuralgia, etc.).
- To restore the functions of the Central nervous system, is impaired due to encephalitis, brain injury, disorders of cerebral circulation, etc.
- as a stimulator of regenerative processes in the nerve trunks.
- To obtain the ionic reflexes.
- With vasomotor and trophic disorders.
- For the treatment of infectious, metabolic and traumatic diseases of the joints, and chronic inflammatory diseases.
Laser therapy – using the healing properties of light for the treatment or prevention of diseases. Used in surgery for healing external physical damage to the skin: scars, fractures, burns, frostbite, open purulent processes. Laser physiotherapy in rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and bursitis will eliminate these and other rheumatic pathologies. In addition, the impact of the laser used in cardiology for the treatment of hypertension, angina pectoris, coronary heart disease, etc.
Elektroantriebe – effects of weak low frequency pulse current on the Central nervous system. Appointed in any of the following abnormalities:
- diseases of the peripheral nervous system with pain syndrome;
- for the back (if neurological manifestations of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, as well as in peripheral disorders)
- atherosclerotic obliteration of the vessels of the legs;
- chronic lymphostasis of lower extremities
- swelling and pain after injury
- gastrointestinal tract
- kidney disease;
- Central paralysis and their consequences.
Magnetic therapy is the application of electromagnetic fields to improve circulation to a specific area of the body. Especially actively used for the back and joints. This method is one of the most reliable and safe.
Ultrasound therapy – treatment using high-frequency elastic mechanical vibrations. Shown in inflammatory processes in the upper respiratory tract and peripheral nervous system. Applies to patients with injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system, skin diseases, stomach ulcers and 12 duodenal ulcer. It is recommended for joints and for the treatment of bronchial asthma.
Contraindications to physiotherapeutic treatment
General contraindications for physical therapy are as follows:
- pathology of mental character;
- malignant neoplasms
- individual intolerance of one or another factor of influence;
- pathology of the skin, such as eczema and dermatitis;
- closed suppurative processes;
- the disease occurs in acute form;
- blood disorders
- body temperature above 37.5°C;
- endocrine and cardiovascular diseases in decompensation.
galvanic physiotherapy are contraindicated in malignant tumors, or the slightest suspicion of their presence. It does not apply and the propensity of the patient to bleeding, heart failure, when extensive skin diseases, hypersensitivity to galvanic current. In addition, galvanotherapy is not used on areas of the body with damaged skin.
Laser therapy has the following contraindications:
- high sensitivityto the laser;
- disease of hematopoietic system
- neoplasms (including benign);
- increased anxiety
- photodermatosis and rosacea:
Through Therapy electric sleep is not used in atrial fibrillation, high blood pressure, tendency to bleeding, varicose veins, fever, acute inflammation and broken bones before consolidation.
The Magnetic therapy has virtually no contraindications. It does not apply to patients with pacemakers, and in patients with hemophilia and tuberculosis in the active stage.
Ultrasound therapy for joints can be used only in the absence of an acute exudative process. Ultrasound is contraindicated in acute diseases of the digestive system, disorders of the Central nervous system and thrombophlebitis in the zone of influence.
Modern science provides a number of methods of physiotherapy, therefore, analyze each of them is almost impossible.
The Decision to use this or that method of treatment made by a physician based on the characteristics of the patient.