The benefits and harms, indications and contraindications to the use of hirudotherapy
The medical Treatment with leeches called hirudotherapy, the benefits and harms of this procedure is still not fully understood by scientists. But the application of therapy using leeches has been known since antiquity, and at the present time this method returns.
experiments in medicine demonstrate the effectiveness from the use of leeches in the treatment of many diseases. Today hirudotherapy (treatment with leeches) returned to therapeutic treatments. The medicinal leech – a strong tool that improves the cardiovascular system of man. Also hirudotherapy is often done to patients with osteochondrosis of the lumbar.
Leeches is a gift of nature that can help a person overcome many diseases. Phlebology, neurology, rheumatology, orthopedics, cardiology, dermatology is the field of medicine, where doctors recommend girudoterapiû. Scientists around the world have reported that substances that are produced by leeches, called “secret leech”, reach the cause of disease and healing the entire body.
The Benefits from the application of leeches large. The saliva of this freshwater worm contains over 80 biologically active substances – specific enzymes that prevent the occurrence of thrombosis, interstitial improve metabolism, help the body rid itself of toxins, prevent aging of the tissues.
Active enzymes of saliva of leeches are used in medicinal ointments and gels used in osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine, rheumatoid diseases, varicose veins, etc. List of diseases in which the application of leeches produces a therapeutic effect:
- vascular diseases (migraine, varicose veins, thrombophlebitis, trophic ulcers, etc.)
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system (rheumatic disease, osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine, arthritis, contractures in the limbs and neck, post-traumatic hematoma);
- neurological diseases (hypertensive encephalopathy, paralysis of peripheral nerves, the symptoms of concussion and brain injury, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease, neuralgia of the facial nerve, cerebral palsy);
- gynecological diseases (adnexitis, polycystic ovarian disease, infertility, fibroids and uterine adenoma syndrome, dysmenorrhea, etc.)
- diseases of the digestive system (inflammation of the gallbladder, pancreatitis, chronic hepatitis, without history of clotting disorders, colon inflammation, chronic ulcer of the stomach and 12 duodenal ulcer, hemorrhoids);
- urological diseases (bladder inflammation, prostate inflammation, symptoms of chronic renal failure, of disorders of potency);
- diseases of the respiratory system (bronchial asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema pulmonary arteries and chronic thrombosis of the pulmonary artery)
- diseases of the ear, nose and throat (acute and chronic neuritis, otitis; sinusitis; frontal sinusitis);
- with dermatological diseases (herpes zoster, psoriasis, inflammation of skin and subcutaneous tissue, skin allergies, subcutaneous hematoma, scarring of the skin);
- dental disease (amputation and transplantation, bruising and swelling after injuries, postoperative thrombosis, inflammation of the subcutaneous tissue, superficial thrombophlebitis, disorders of the peripheral nerves).
leech therapy has a place in the therapeutic management of patients after surgery and during the course of rejuvenation. Indications for use treatment using leeches can be listed endlessly. But you must take into account that during the treatment you need to consider important factors (gender, weight, neglect of the patient's illness), not to cause harm to the body.
How to put bloodsuckers?
Important nutrients and enzymes from the medicinal effects produced by leeches during the procedure:
- hirudin – the substance that stops the clotting of blood;
- destabilaza – an enzyme that suppresses the inflammatory processes and their distribution in tissues;
- Gerstein – anticoagulant produced by medical leeches
- gelatin – it is extracted from the salivary glands of medicinal leeches, it is a protein that contains a large amount of sulfur (used as anticoagulant and potent drug with surgical removal of the primary tumor)
- apyrase is a powerful enzyme that thins the blood (reduces its viscosity);
- aglini – powerful anti-inflammatory enzymes (inhibitors of factors of the inflammatory processes), are very active antioxidant;
- strong analgesics are enzymes that can prevent the coagulation of blood;
- of the hyaluronidase is a substance with a double action, has a powerful antibacterial effect, and also allows you to speed up the process of penetration through cell membranes of neighbouring cells andtissues of the body;
- lipase and granulocyte esterases are substances that cause the breakdown of fats
- of a substance, dilates blood vessels, very similar to histamine;
- neurotransmitters – biochemical compounds that regulate the flow of electrical impulses in nerve cells;
- antibiotic Chloromycetin has a very strong antimicrobial effect;
- anti-cancer substances.
When installing the leech point of leech therapy should always be treated with antiseptic and you must observe the rules of asepsis. The point of bloodsuckers it is forbidden to moisten with water after the treatment. You can swim only on the third day after treatment. After bathroom procedures the wound (point of bloodsuckers) to protect cotton pad with a band-aid.
Use in house conditions
Many people do not take seriously health problems until then while they will not manifest themselves in the form of serious diseases. Leech therapy at home is often used for the treatment of many diseases, for example, osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine, varicose veins, rheumatoid diseases, etc. But before you self-medicate using leeches at home, do not forget that this method has a very strong effect. Prior to self-medication at home should be implemented consultation and examination by a medical specialist.
Medical leech applied to the skin of a person, where is the "hearth" of pain. They stick to the skin, piercing it with his little teeth. Patients during the procedure, afraid of her pain. Some unpleasant appearance of parasites. Hirudotherapy does not bring pain to patients, because together with mucus leech injects into the human blood enzymes with anesthetic action. The whole procedure takes a maximum of an hour and a half. But the process of applying leeches to the skin is not painful, provided that it will be conducted by a person who knows theoretically and practically to the point of treatment.
The Second point to be noted – used leeches should be only medical and not acquired in random institutions. Buy leeches only in pharmacies, is equipped with a special biofabrication where you can check all the documents confirming the safety of this product.
In the treatment with leeches need to implement all the recommendations of the doctor: application, number of treatments, the lifestyle changes. You need to quit Smoking and not drink alcohol. Need a low fat diet excluding fatty foods, sweets, spicy and fried foods. Nutritional therapy is used before starting therapy for the week. Should not be to abandon it and after the treatment at least a week.
The same leeches can only be used by one person. They absolutely cannot be applied to treat other people. If someone wants to use health leech for a second time for further treatment, you should wait a few more months before she'll feel hungry again. Medical leeches in the house must be stored in clean, preferably filtered water. Replacement of water in the container with the leeches should be conducted at least once a day. During treatment with leeches need to spend at least 2 days, that means that they enemas. This improves the cleaning effect and rejuvenation of the body.
Points for the treatment should be chosen properly. The procedure is not recommended on the veins of the abdomen, legs, neck, for large vessels with varicose veins.
If the patient has never previously engaged in leech therapy, study therapy must hold girudoterapevt in the hospital.
Too many leeches, put on human skin for a long time, may be accompanied by severe hypotension, decrease in hemoglobin, hair loss, dry skin and severe redness in the point of bloodsuckers.
Contra indications to the treatment
If There are treatment indications and contraindications for the procedure. Absolute contraindications for the course of treatment are as follows:
- hemophilia (impaired blood clotting);
- very severe leukemia
- extreme physical exhaustion;
- active TB
- mental illness.
The treatment of medical leeches requires a lot of experience and knowledge in their application. You must take into account the drugs used by the patient. Sometimes need a dosage change or cancel. The following important factors for therapy leeches are age, condition of the body, protective reactions (Allergy) and other diseases.
Therefore, in conducting hirudotherapy, the indications and contraindications to the procedure should be considered in the first place. As you can see, hirudotherapy can be applied not only for prevention of diseases, but also for successful treatment of diseases. This method is completely noninvasive, so it can replace some of the standard methods of treatment. Leech therapy is very effective in treating the body. New theoretical knowledge about the leeches give the opportunity to achieve the best results in the treatment of many diseases. Not worth itbe afraid of this method because it is safe and all natural.