Why do women get frequent headaches?
Frequent headaches in women is a serious problem. And it doesn't matter what a woman does: is the big Manager, or just a housewife. In any case it creates additional problems for the woman and for the people around her.
The brain itself can't ache, hurt blood vessels, nerves, muscles – all that is of special receptors. Headache is a painful consequence of disorder of any organ in a human body, and not the root cause itself.
what is the cause of pain, doctors divide them into two categories: primary headaches and secondary.
About secondary headaches
A Secondary headache is an accompanying symptom, a consequence of another disease, therefore diagnosis and treatment will need exactly the underlying disease.
List of diseases that provoke a headache, is quite extensive:
- numerous and various infections;
- traumatic brain and minor injuries;
- inflammatory diseases of the brain (meningitis, etc.)
- vascular disease and hypertensive heart disease;
- degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine;
- impact on the female body, pregnancy and menopause.
In General "bouquet" of diseases can be further supplemented, but the point is that attention should be paid to the primary disease. And of course, you must know that all this may be accompanied by photophobia (reaction to bright light), phonophobia (response to sudden noises), nausea, vomiting and dizziness.
Doctors say that headaches can be common if it visits at most 2 times a week. In these cases, the human body, especially female, just in need of relaxation and rest.
But if headaches more often than once per 3 days, that is an occasion to reflect on the mode of operation, to recall recent events, including the unrest, worries and other stressful situations. Typically, women in such phenomena react more sharply, so the reasons for the occurrence of headache in them anymore.
The Cause of frequent headaches for women can be the weather changes, long work at the computer, anxieties, feelings, i.e. All the things that men usually don't really pay attention. Pain causes can be: lack of sleep, severe emotional stress, irregular meals, a reaction to a food product, alcoholic factors, overdose of coffee.
When a woman will meet with a doctor, the specialist will need to know all about the conditions of emergence and existence of headache.
And here is the important process of introspection, because we need to pin point and figure out the following:
- location, location or area of pain;
- degree of intensity and duration;
- how often have headaches;
- the factors enhancing or debilitating pain;
- the presence or absence of other symptoms (blurred vision, nausea, dizziness, pain in the neck, etc.) that accompany the attack.
detailed Description of the conditions of occurrence of headaches need to expert to be able to make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the correct treatment. In case of doubt in diagnosis the doctor may recommend a more thorough examination.
About diagnostic examinations
- EEG (electroencephalography) – a procedure when a head mounted sensors, sensing the currents of the brain and determine its functional state.
- ultrasound (ultrasound) of vessels of the head and neck. This procedure is important because it will allow us to determine disease of the cervical spine, which often have a negative impact on the blood vessels.
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) can detect very subtle changes in brain substance.
we Should, however, be noted, and doctors know that approximately 50% of cases with headaches EEG studies, ultrasound and CT scan look normal. So, causes of headache may be different.
In this case it is necessary to consult specialists. Because without consultation and opinions from a neurologist, a nose doctor, optometrist, maybe even of the dentist accurate diagnosis will fail. Nor should we neglect such procedures as daily monitoring.
Aboutforms of headache
Today everyone need to own a minimum of medical information. At least because in time it will help (along with doctor) to find the right way in matters of diagnosis and treatment.
Experts identify 4 forms of primary headaches:
- Migraine (25%) – pain of neuralgic nature, with a certain frequency from 1-2 times a month 1-2 times a year.
- tension Headache (70% of cases) is the most common, to visit can each or every, and the time of occurrence, duration and intensity are unpredictable.
- Chronic daily (frequent) headache becomes such, if you have a headache at least 15 days a month and it lasts almost 3 months. With such pain you should go to the hospital.
- Cluster (beam) headache – the strongest, most painful, can permanently knock the person out of the usual rhythm of life. In connection with this form of pain the doctors say about the duration of onset (from 40 minutes to several hours), frequency of seizures, period pain (up to 1-2 months).
Of Course, experts tell you how to respond to "systematic and on a schedule," frequent headaches (migraine, cluster) and whether they are amenable to treatment. But the patient need to be aware of the situation, because the pain the tension can be removed with home remedies, but chronic headache correct diagnosis and treatment.
About the treatment and the potential damage of tablets
Treatment of all types of headaches (cephalgia) is carried out strictly individually, taking into account the causes of its origin, sex, age of the patient. If someone will be cured of headaches, not the fact that you will help the same set of drugs and treatment methods. For different types of headaches often require different drugs. Pills from migraine and tension headaches are different pills.
Frequent use of pain pills can lead to the opposite result.
That's independent and their uncontrolled usage can lead to a risk of severe complications, in particular worsening of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Reception and dosage of medications must be performed by a physician. Additional treatments your doctor may recommend sessions of electrophoresis, iontophoresis or other options physiotherapeutic effects on the body.
It may sound trite recommendation, but to pay attention to them. Today's life is associated with lot of new experiences, large amounts of information, movement and constant change of the environment.
Therefore, each person needs to learn to control their thoughts and actions, to minimize stress effects on the body:
- stay calm and friendly in any situation;
- not to think badly about themselves or about others;
- regular exercise
- eat healthy and balanced food;
- is elementary to sleep, but avoiding oversleeping and priraslomnaya.
A More serious and thorough approach is associated with cognitive therapy when psychologists teach man to control his thoughts and actions and thereby to remove the negative factors that can cause a headache. Our life today is tense and restless, and he should try to inevitable changes in the mode of work, leisure and communication have not become the cause of disease and headaches in particular.