Tortured migraine: learn to shoot (to stop) the attacks quickly
Women suffer from this disease 2 times more than men. On average, 27% of the population had experienced seizures, of which 18% are women.
determine the cause of the disease
To Stop a migraine attack you need in a short time, how unbearable the pain can last from 6 to 72 hours. Before treatment should rule out other causes of the ailments with similar symptoms. First aid can only be determined that this is migraine.
To Distinguish the disease from a simple headache it is possible for such settings:
- migraine pain captures the entire left side of the head and during the attack may change the localization. Under normal headache pain cover small areas of the head and do not move.
- migraine external stimuli significantly worsen the patient's condition.
- In the first case, a sharp pain throbbing, and in the second, forcing a sharp.
- migraine activity is sharply reduced, it becomes less capable of performing any daily household activities. When the usual headache activity is maintained almost at a normal level.
- Migraine is often accompanied by cramps, fever, vomiting.
To Relieve headache migraine, after consulting with a doctor and determining its type. Those who suffer from chronic migraine, the appearance of such symptoms as irritability, drowsiness, sudden unreasonable feeling of hunger, dry mouth, worth to go to bed. But sometimes pain may occur during sleep, then it is necessary to stop a migraine attack with the help of drugs.
A Mild attack consists of two stages:
Preventing attacks is the preferred, as they can last up to 72 hours and repeated regularly with different frequency.
Methods of treatment depending on the stage of the disease
For mild stages of the disease the main symptom is a sharp and throbbing headache, covering one half of the head. Usually when such symptoms do not seek medical attention, but use folk methods (strong black tea, lemon, cabbage), but such actions are unwanted. In the first stage the treatment is quick and inexpensive. In further cases the attack can be prevented. Medicines in the first stage are different types of paracetamol solution acetylsalicylic acid. You need to carefully read the instructions to the drug and to pay attention to contraindications.
Middle stage of the disease quickly becomes heavy, so once it is necessary to consult a doctor. The pain frequently moves from one side to the other. Possibly fever, and vomiting. Prescribed medications often cause such side effects: chest pain, diarrhoea, increased vomiting, dizziness. If any such symptoms should be urgently stop taking the drug. Most often prescribed regulamin, solpadein.
Self-treatment severe stage of migraine can be dangerous. Allowed to take anti-nausea medication an hour before taking other. You should always consult the doctor and start taking medication tryptanol series (containing paracetamol and a small dose of analgesic from opium) such as zaldiar, imigran. Most of the drugs tryptanol row are contraindications: age over 55 years, pregnancy, heart problems, children have to take medication too.
During treatment with drugs of some trypanosome need to follow the algorithm:
- receive a minimum dose
- waiting 3-4 hours
- receive another dose (for reducing pain).
What to do if the pain is not gone
Try a new drug, sumatriptan, works only in more than 50% from 100%. Some doctors believe that the tool is not the first time, so you should try again. Not all can find a medicine that fits right. Such experiments are safe, as triptana rapidly excreted from the body. But people must be healthy. In any case, the drugs can begin to take only after consultation with your doctor.
After the drug test you need to always keep it at hand, but to apply no more than 3 times a week. More frequent use is addictive, the drug becomes ineffective, there is ubusuna headache (caused by the excessive use of the drug against headache).
Methods of prevention
Prevention is also very important in the treatment. After taking painkillers, you must follow the rules to avoid relapse or transition disease into a chronic stage.
For prevention need:
- to Determine the amount of sleep the body needs. Lack of sleep is one of the main causes of stress and irritability, which subsequently leads to a migraine.
- to Change the diet. The excess salt is alsocauses migraine. Organize the meal so that the vessels of the brain are not overloaded during hard income into the blood useful substances, such as glucose. Limit foods that contain theremin. To increase the intake of vitamins C and b, which are responsible for stress resistance. To exclude the use of any nitrates, because they induce vasodilation. Consume foods rich in glucose, it helps to cope with oxygen starvation of the brain.
- If tortured by headaches, one can take a contrast shower.
- to go to a special massage.
- to Reduce physical activity to a minimum so as not to overwork.
- as often As possible to be outdoors.
- to Use medicines against stress and to avoid stressful situations.
- to RUB whiskey menthol solution.
- Always carry a drug that suppresses attack.
The Attending doctor must prescribe all medicines for treatment and prevention.
If you follow all of the instructions, you can cure even chronic migraine.
- Wayne A. Headache // Journal of neurology and psychiatry. S. S. Korsakov, 1996.- Vol. 36.- No. 3, pp. 5-7.
- Wayne A., Kolosova O. A. Headache and migraine // Top. Medicine, 1997.- No. 2.- S. 13-16. Vershinina S. V., Kolosova O. A., Voznesenskaya T. G. Clinico-neurophysiological correlations in migraine // neurology and psychiatry. S. S. Korsakov, 1996.- T. 96.- No. 3.- pp. 38-40.
- Wessely P. A Unified international diagnostic criteria headache // Top. Medicine, 1996.- No. 21.- p. 16-17.
- Gerhard Libjogl. Migraine – the disease of the century // Bulletin of the folk medicine of Russia, 1996.- No. 2, pp. 33-36.
- Gorbach I. N. Diagnostic criteria in neurology: sintomatico. Mn, 1997.
- Danilov A. B., Blackburn J., Wayne A., Kolosova O. A. Trigeminal evoked potentials in migraine // neurology and psychiatry. S. S. Korsakova, 1998.- T. 98.- No. 4.- p. 29-31. Dihydergot – nasal aerosol in the treatment of migraine // Clinical pharmacology and therapy, 1998.- No. 2.- pp. 84-85.
- Charles V. A. Therapy of nervous diseases for physicians. M., 1996.
- Kolosova O. A., Osipov V. S. Modern aspects of clinic and pathogenesis of migraine (review) // Journal of neurology and psychiatry. S. S. Korsakov, 1991.- No. 5.- p. 104-106.
- Kolosova O. A. Comparative results of pharmacotherapy of migraine // neurology and psychiatry. S. S. Korsakova, 1997.- T. 97.- No. 11.- pp. 19-21.