Why headache puts pressure on the eyes
Headache (GB, cephalalgia) – one of the problems of any text, as seen in many medical disorders and psychoneurotic disorders. Up to 80% of the adult population, and children have a history of cephalgia different origin.
Types of headaches
In women, the prevalence more than men, attacks occur over long and hard, harder medical relief. Although this type of pain, cluster (beam), in men occurs five times more often than women. Often, headache is the main or sole presenting symptom to the doctor, so the cause is difficult to establish.
It can vary according to localization, intensity, character, frequency and duration of attacks.
The origin is:
- tension headache
- cluster or beam.
- Secondary (symptomatic) due to any other disease.
- Cranial neuralgia (this article to talk about it will not).
Reasons pressure on the eye
The Most common causes of cephalalgias with pressing pain in eyes (except primary):
- Inflammatory diseases of the nose and paranasal sinuses:
- diseases of the eye and periorbital area:
- spasm of accommodation.
- Hypertensive crisis with complications.
- Diseases of the brain and its membranes an inflammatory nature:
- a brain Tumor, violates the outflow of cerebrospinal fluid.
- Vascular lesions
- temporal arteritis.
- traumatic brain Injuries and skull bones.
- the Defeat of the temporomandibular joint with pain in the orbit on the affected side.
- Endocrine disorders with the development of proptosis – "bulging eyes".
|Migraine||Often unilateral, intense, throbbing pain in the temporal region was performed and after a characteristic aura. Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, noise in the ears, flickering before the eyes and double vision, light and sumabog, hyperemia of face skin|
|tension Headache||Blunt like "Hoop" or "helmets" with the pressure on the eyes that occurs after prolonged physical or emotional stress. Characterized by hypertonicity of the muscles of the head and neck.|
|Cluster pain||Sudden-onset, excruciating, unilateral, paroxysmal, with maximum intensity in one eye or around it. Begins at night after 1-2 hours after falling asleep.|
|hypertension||recurring headache or pulsating compressive nature with a feeling of pressure on the eyeballs. Nausea, sometimes vomiting, dizziness, flickering before the eyes at the height of pain. Increase in blood pressure.|
|brain Tumor||Constant compressive diffuse tenderness may be of a pulsating nature. The gain in the morning. Dizziness nausea and vomiting without relief. There are focal neurological symptoms that depend on the localization process.|
|Inflammatory diseases of the brain and its meninges||Diffuse, bursting headache, nausea and vomiting without relief. Dizziness, light - and somebean. Define pathological meningeal symptoms (Brudzinskogo, kerniga) may be convulsions, impairment of consciousness. The increase in body temperature.|
|Temporal arteritis||GB and hypersensitivity of the scalp, aggravated by chewing and movement of the eyes. Determined by local swelling and tenderness in the temporal region, upper eyelid droop, temporary double vision and blurred vision. The increase in body temperature.|
Why is there nausea and vomiting
Cephalalgia Often accompanied by pressing pain in the eyes, nausea and vomiting. These symptoms are caused by increased intracranial pressure. In marked spasm of cerebral arteries or lowering the tone of the intracranial venous drainage of blood from the cranial cavity, there is ischemia of the brain and perivascular edema.
Irritation of receptors overstretched veins give rise to an intense pressure headache. Chemoreceptor trigger zone, located at the bottom of the fourth ventricle and the vomiting center in the medulla oblongata are responsible for the occurrence of nausea and vomiting.
Whenirritation of (the overflow of the ventricles with cerebrospinal fluid) and partial wedging of the medulla oblongata there is vomiting of Central origin. Vasoconstriction and congestion observed in the retinal vessels, and mechanical compression of the optic nerve and blood vessels during increased intracranial pressure manifested symptomatically pressing pain in the eyes. To identify the type and causes of headaches requires a comprehensive examination:
- keeping a diary of cephalgia to determine the cause and the dependent relationships.
- Control blood pressure.
- Control of visual acuity, status of the fundus vessels.
- examination by a neurologist with the definition of the coordination of samples of physiological and pathological reflexes.
- Electroencephalography (EEG) to identify episodes of pathological impulses.
- Rheoencephalography to determine the tone of blood vessels.
- Angiography of brain vessels.
- Extra - and intracranial vascular Doppler.
- lumbar puncture.
- Methods of neuroimaging: CT, MRI.
Immediate reference to the doctor demands the appearance of the following signs:
- sudden onset of cephalgia in combination with vomiting, stiff neck, fever;
- when the emergence of headache seizures, hallucinations, disturbances of sight and hearing;
- pain with loss of consciousness;
- sudden headache with impaired sensation and movement, impaired speech
- intense pain in the case of high blood pressure;
- post-traumatic cephalalgia, especially after injuries of the head and neck;
- change the nature and intensity of chronic pain;
- the appearance of the cephalalgias in the background of medication.
|"Paracetamol" - "Acetaminophen", "Tsefekon", "Efferalgan", "Dalaran", "Pentalgin"||Tab. 0.2 g 0.5 g 3-4 p. Per day (but not more than 4 g).|
|"Inderal" - "Obsidan", "Inderal", "Stomatin", "Nolten", "Propain", "Propranolol", "Nebivolol hydrochloride" - "Nebilet "Nebyval"||Tab. 0.04 g (40 mg) 40 mg 2-3 times a day. Tab. 5 mg
2.5-5 mg 1 R. In day
|"Dihydroergotamine "Begriffen", "Sonopress", "Vasogen", "Vertebron"||Bottles of 0.2% solution 10 ml 10 to 20 drops in 1/2 glass of water 1-3 times a day|
|"Ibuprofen" - "debt", "Nurofen", "Proven", "Ipren", "Indomethacin"|
"Indomethacin", "Esteban", "Romatic", "Indolene"
"Diclofenac sodium" -
"Voltaren", "Diclofenac", "Naklofen", "Ortofen", "Dicloran"
|Tab. 0.2 g 400 mg 3 times a day
25 mg 2-3 times a day
Injecting p-p 75 mg in 3 ml
Tab. 25 and 50 mg
Candles rektale 50 and 100 mg
|"Amitriptyline hydrochloride" - "Amitriptyline", "Tryptizol", "Saratan", "Antisol"||Tab. 0.025
25-50 g per night
|"Tolperison" - "Mydocalm"||Tab. 100 and 150 mg Inject p-p 100 mg 1 ml|
Treatment of cephalgia should start with lifestyle change: avoid stress, avoid emotional and physical stress, the exclusion of alcohol and tobacco.
Besides medical treatment, the complex includes:
- massage the muscles of the neck area (shoulder girdle and cervical spine);
- balneotherapy (douche, pearl and coniferous baths);
Why you should go to the doctor
Headache is a signal of serious circulatory disorders, vascular tone, changes in intracranial pressure due to inflammatory or neoplastic processes. Therefore, self-treatment or non-treatment may lead to exacerbation of the problem, chronic pain or serious complications.
- international classification of headaches 2nd edition. The English doctor. honey. Sciences V. V. Osipova, with the participation of doctor. honey. Sciences Professor T. G. Voznesenskaya;
- Stock V. N. Headache. – M.: Medicine, 1987;
- Diagnosis of headaches in Russia and post-Soviet countries: status of the problem and its solution. V. V. Osipova, Yu. e. Azimova, G. R. Tabeeva, S. A. Tarasov, A. V. Amelin, I. V. Kuzminov, I. Moldovanu, S. S. Odobescu, G. I. Naumov;
- tension Headache – a practical guide for physicians. Vladimir Osipov.