Features of the development and treatment of geologos cervical and lumbar spine
Geologos cervical and lumbar spine is a pathological condition resulting from the rectification of the internal concavity of the vertebral column.
The Pathology is quite rare – 1% of all cases of diseases of the spine. Mostly occurs in older people, as it is the main reason low back pain (damage to intervertebral cartilage).
The Presence of straightened lumbar lordosis in humans increases the risk of spinal cord compression as the pathology leads to reduction in the size of the spinal canal.
Geologos occurs on the background of the following precipitating factors:
- the anomalies of the vertebrae;
- degenerative disc disease
- Traumatic injuries of the vertebrae and back muscles;
- disc Hernia.
vertebral Anomalies (defects of the body or arches) violate the anatomical structure of the spine with displacement of its vertical axis. This state, with the action of physical activity leads to the gradual curvature of its physiological bends (Koposov and lordosis).
Geologos of the cervical spine can be formed also in the hereditary anomalies of a structure atlantoaxial junction (between the occiput and upper cervical vertebrae).
the Anatomical features of lordosis in adults and children
In infants, cervical and lumbar lordosis is not expressed, since this type of spinal curvature axis only begins to form after 1 year. In children of school age doctors distinguish 2 types of lordosis:
Under physiological lordosis angle of the spine convexity forwards in the cervical and lumbar does not exceed 30 degrees (estimated by the Cobb method on lateral radiographs).
Under the influence of precipitating factors of physiological lordosis can become pathological. For example, when a wrong landing at a Desk, the observance of correct posture can be observed cervical geologos, although in this situation often, on the contrary, there is hyperlordosis.
The Flattening of the lumbar convexity is usually observed against excessive exercise during the fast growth of the organism of schoolchildren and adolescents.
To check the status of the lumbar lordosis, exactly enough to become back to the wall and measure the width of the slit between the back and the vertical plane. It normally should not be greater than the width of the palm of the hand.
What symptoms accompany pathology
Lumbar geologos characterized by the following clinical symptoms:
- limited mobility of the affected segment;
- Pain in your lower back;
- Numbness of the lower extremities
- Increased fatigue when walking or standing
- Visible posture;
- Flattening of the back on palpation.
Symptoms of cervical geologos:
- Pain in the neck
- Frequent headache or dizziness;
- Numbness of the scalp;
- Periodic blackouts.
When straightening the concavity of the vertebral column in the lumbar spine the compression syndromes caused by the infringement of the nerve fibers in the vertebral foramina.
Geologos of the cervical spine combined with vascular abnormalities in the brain. Through the neck passes the vertebral artery that provides blood supply about 25% of brain structures. Consequently, any displacement of the cervical vertebrae, including the straightening of the curvature of the spine, can cause loss of consciousness or ischemic stroke (death of brain cells by lack of oxygen).
Major complications when straightening of the cervical and lumbar concavities of the spine occur due to the following syndromes:
- Compression – compression of the nerve roots;
- Demyelinating – damage to membranes of nerve fibers
- Vascular – circulatory disorders of the displacement of the vertebrae;
- Myelopoiesis – compression of the spinal cord.
Compression syndrome occurs more frequently when geologise of the lumbar spine. It is characterized by aching or sharp pain in the lower back. Severe compression of the nerve roots of the spinal cord leads to sensory loss in the limbs.
Demyelination is accompanied by damage to the peripheral protective sheath of nerve fibers, so any external influence on the nerve (even increased temperatures) causes painsensations. Pathology is accompanied by a paresis or paralysis (partial or total immobilization).
The Offset of the vertebrae is the consequence of instability in the straightened segments of the spine. This condition is more typical for cervical geologos. It is accompanied by loss of consciousness.
Myelopoiesis syndrome is a serious complication of the disease. Due to the fact that the internal concavity crushes, it reduces the size of the canal that houses the spinal cord. This situation is very dangerous compression of the spinal cord with the development of paralysis and disability.
modes of treatment
Treatment of geologos is not based on the medical and physical therapy procedures. Pharmaceutical drugs are administered only for pain and swelling.
The Main physiotherapeutic methods of treatment flattened convexity of the spine:
- Acupuncture is used to relieve spasmodic contraction of the muscles;
- back Massage with flattening of the lumbar lordosis allows you to relax tense muscles, decrease pain syndrome and normalize blood circulation, to strengthen the frame back;
- Manual therapy allows you to quickly restore the physiological curvature of the curves of the spinal column and reduce muscle spasms and restore your posture
- physical therapy helps to normalize the blood supply, to restore the tone of skeletal muscles and reduce severity of pain;
- Swimming can significantly strengthen the tone of the skeletal muscles of the back, which will prevent further curvature of the spine.
Thus, geologos cervical and lumbar spine is developing quite rare but leads to severe complications. Pathology cannot run, because its consequences are sad.