The symptoms and treatment of pathological kyphosis of the spine
Treatment of kyphosis traditional methods can be performed only in conjunction with medical methods. Gymnastic exercises and the wearing of orthopedic corsets in this pathology is the mainstay of therapy, but it should be conducted competently.
Person 2 physiological kyphosis (Greek "kyphosis" – "the hump"). The term "treat kyphosis", which is often used when excessive convexity in the thoracic spine, devoid of common sense.
Excessive camber in medicine is called "hyperkyphosis", and its flattening "hipockets". Now, just Hypo - and Hyper-kyphosis must be addressed in order to prevent severe complications (back pain, displacement of internal organs).
Kyphosis – physiological convexity in the thoracic spine with bending angle greater than 30 degrees. It is designed to reduce depreciation loadings for physical activity to prevent infringement of the nerve roots.
General principles of treatment in adults
Treatment of kyphosis of the spine takes into account the severity of the disease, its rate of flow and the presence of complications.
Allocate 4 degree of the disease:
- Kyphosis of 1 degree is characterized by the angle of convexity from 30 to 40 degrees;
- 2 degrees Kyphosis angle of 40 to 50 degrees;
- Kyphosis of the 3rd degree accompanied by excessive concavity in the thoracic region with an angle of 50 to 70 degrees;
- Kyphosis of 4 degrees – the magnitude of the curvature exceeds 70 degrees.
depending on the degree of progression of the pathology are the following forms:
- With a slow progression – concavity increases not more than 7 degrees during the year;
- With fast current – for the year, the angle of curvature of thoracic kyphosis increases by more than 7 degrees.
A Special challenge in the treatment of create types of the disease with neurological manifestations:
- E – lack of neurological symptoms;
- D – physical mobility is slightly limited;
- C – no functional mobility, but the man can move;
- B – movements are absent, but the sensitivity is preserved;
- A – complete loss of physical activity and sensitivity of the limbs.
Kyphosis with neurologic manifestations of types A, B, C at home is not treated. It requires hospitalization of adults in neurological hospitals and assigning groups of disability after rehabilitation.
General principles of treatment increased convexity in the thoracic region:
- Therapeutic exercises to strengthen skeletal muscles;
- Massage and manual therapy to restore blood flow and eliminate dislocations of the vertebrae;
- Physiotherapy techniques for promoting good health and the elimination of inflammatory changes in the tissues;
- Medical therapy for the relief of pain and cure of the secondary symptoms of the disease;
- rapid recovery correct the physiological axis of the vertebral column.
Exercises to correct the spine
Treatment of kyphosis gymnastic exercises should be under the supervision of a qualified instructor. It is important to choose the right list of therapeutic exercises to strengthen weak muscles, but not to provoke pathological spazmirovannah hypertonicity of skeletal muscle.
A List of activities to be performed by people with kyphosis at home:
- Run gymnastic exercises;
- to Control posture
- Right to sit at the table or on the couch.
The Specialists of rehabilitation centers recommend special exercises to relax the muscles of the upper back:
- Exercise 1. Lying on his stomach, lean on the floor with the palms of hands and zaprokidawati head back. Lift up your chest, lock position for 5 seconds and return to the starting position;
- Exercise 2. Lying on his stomach, put back the gymnastic stick. Grab her hands and bend your head back. At the same time try to bend the spine in the middle. Return to the starting position;
- activity 3. Standing position feet shoulder width apart. Pull back the gymnastic stick and effortlessly tap on her shoulder blades. On the inhale, squat down, straighten your arms upwards and bend your head back. Return to the starting position. The number of repetitions 8-10
- Exercise 4. Straighten your back while standing. Then relax your shoulders down, squeeze the spine. Then pull the shoulders up, followed by the spine. Try to touch the ears;
- Exercise 5. In a standing position, pull arms forward as if embracing a large object. Make sure that the blades dispersed to the sides, and the back caved in. Lock position for 5 seconds and then move your hands to the sides, progiba back, and tilting their heads backwards.
The Above exercises it is better to combine with pool access, massages and manual therapies.
Betweencourses therapeutic exercises doctors prescribe physiotherapy (electrical muscle stimulation, acupuncture, thermal procedures, electrophoresis).
Treatment of kyphosis in the home can be carried out with orientation to the above exercise.
Effective treatment of kyphosis is impossible if man does not will constantly monitor your posture. It is particularly important for children in the period of rapid growth of the vertebrae.
To Control the posture of the child at home, special tests should be performed every 2 weeks. To do this:
- Stand to the vertical back wall. Make sure that the shoulder girdle, back, buttocks and heels of the feet close to the surface. With proper posture between the lower back and the wall remains a gap that is approximately equal to the width of a person's palm.
There are some specific features of posture at different ages:
- Posture preschooler: shoulders symmetric, the abdomen somewhat protruding forward, the lumbar spine is only beginning to emerge lordosis
- Posture student: reduces the protrusion of the abdomen, can be traced all the curves of the spinal column, the front part of the abdominal wall at the front
- Posture girls and boys: the shoulders down, shoulder blades pressed against his back, belly flat, well-marked physiological curves, accentuated thoracic kyphosis.
Symptoms disorders of posture and kyphosis in adults cure is rarely possible. Most often, doctors can only for a while to prevent pain. If since childhood, in the home to monitor the correct formation of the spinal column, can prevent severe complications of the disease, including Hyper-kyphosis.
maintaining the spinal column in the normal
The spine is a complex structure. When pathological changes occur disturbances in the functioning of many tissues (nervous, bone, skeletal), which complicates the treatment process of the disease.
It is Easier to prevent complications than to treat them, but must observe the rules of use of the spine:
- must Sit with a straight back, then the physiological curves of the spine are formed correctly, pathological symptoms will appear rarely. When sitting on a chair firmly press the back to his back. Make sure that the shoulders are positioned at the same level, the head is vertical and the blade together.
- the Seat of the chair pick one that will be shorter than the thigh. Its height should allow feet to be placed freely on the floor.
- Even if you sit perfectly, still need to get up every 40 minutes to remove the static muscle load.
In the presence of pain can take anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, Nise, nimesulide) and chondroprotectors (alflutop, teraflex, structum). To take these funds when the kyphosis is 1 degree, but they are not without side effects.
Thus, to treat kyphosis in children and adults under the supervision of specialists in home, hospital and even in rehabilitation centers. In any case, is a long and complex process that requires skilled medical supervision.