Causes and treatment round the back of the child
Round the back is a deformation caused by straightening of the lumbar lordosis and increased thoracic kyphosis (a pronounced convexity of the thoracic spine backwards). This configuration of the spine is formed to compensate for the load when the deviation of the center of gravity of the body from its normal position by the deformation of vertebrae or reduction of intervertebral disk height.
Round the back of the child's visible when examining the anatomical location of the vertical axis of the torso from the side (see picture).
The figure clearly shows the specific position bent the knees of the person with this posture.
How to identify the disease,
In Addition to enhanced thoracic kyphosis and straightening of lumbar lordosis, the disease has some specific symptoms that the doctor identifies in the external examination:
- the Location of the shoulders at different height;
- Different distance between the notch waist and lowered by hand on both sides (asymmetrical triangles waist)
- Strong protrusion of the shoulder blades posteriorly with the formation of the vertebral hump;
- stiff neck – tilting the head laterally or anteriorly;
- Specific skeletal deformity.
the Shoulder belt is deformed following displacement of the vertebral column posteriorly. Thus due to the different deflection of the vertical axis during thoracic the degree of "pulling" to the right and left differ. Consequently, the height of the child shoulders on both sides will be different.
In marked violation of posture with increased thoracic kyphosis may lead to a deformity of the chest. It is more clearly seen when the child is sitting with an inclination forward. In this situation, if the external examination revealed irregular arrangement of ribs from different intercostal spaces.
The Wryneck is a consequence of the displacement of the cervical lordosis (concavity inwards) to the capacity of compensatory reaction in response to the increased thoracic kyphosis. The presence of this symptom indicates the likelihood of impaired blood supply in the brain, so doctors should immediately begin alignment of posture through exercise therapy (physiotherapy) and conservative therapy.
Round the back is a starting point for the development of dangerous diseases: osteoarthritis (failure of the intervertebral discs), scoliosis (lateral curvature of the spine), spondylosis (fusion of vertebral segments).
To get rid of pathology in the child, it is necessary to observe the following principles:
- to Create favorable conditions for the functioning of the spine;
- to Improve the child's physical development.
look at the principles in more detail.
General hygienic mode – the complex of measures for the prevention of violations of posture. It includes balanced and regular meals, frequent exposure to fresh air, a long and peaceful sleep, the right choice of mode of study and rest, hardening.
Should emphasize the importance of sleep on an orthopedic bed. For children it is advisable to choose a mattress of medium hardness and small pillow to maintain the physiological position of the cervical spine.
Attention! If the hard bed causes pain in the back, you need to make it softer. To prevent "rounding" of the spine in this situation will need to wear a corset, and at the time of his removal to use exercise gymnastics.
The Development of physical activity should be engaged in children, starting with toddlers. Rational distribution of static-dynamic effort involves:
- Timely shifting the baby on the stomach;
- Development of skills of crawling;
- Learning to walk and right standing at the age of 1-2 years old, formed when the muscular system;
- Using furniture of appropriate height and weight of student;
- the Wearing of loose clothing
- Elimination of incorrect postures and behavior (shifting one leg over the other, standing based on one leg).
Parents should also pay attention to the fact that the child is sitting with a round back at the kitchen table and adjusted his landing to the side straightening the torso axis.
Physical therapy (physiotherapy) is the most effective treatment of the curvature of the physiological curves of the spine, due to improper functioning of muscles. Physical exercise was applied for the correction of deformities of the spinal column from the 16th century.
Academician Protasov in 1765 developed a basic set of exercises to normalize muscle corset back. Describe the most popular ones:
- In a standing position, place hands on the belt. Arms out to the side and move the scapula on inspiration. When you exhale return to the starting position. Repeat 5 times
- Perform a circular motion by hand 5-10 times to prevent the strengthening of the thoracic kyphosis and lateral curvature
- Perform the tilting in the left and right side inqueue. The arms should be from behind. The number of repetitions and 5-6.
These exercises with daily repetition prevent the progression of deformities of the spinal column, but not enough to return physiological the vertical axis of the body. As a consequence, Professor and academician Zabelin Protasov completed the group the following exercises:
- Place hands on shoulders, and feet shoulder width apart. Perform the slopes anteriorly and posteriorly on inspiration. On the exhale return to the starting position, but keep your back straight. Repeat the exercise 4-5 times;
- In your hands take the stick. Squat, but hold the stick in his outstretched hands. Repeat the procedure 5 times;
- inhale lift the stick up and on the exhale return to the starting position. The number of repetitions 5.
In 1928, was officially introduced the term "therapeutic exercise" (physical therapy), which determined the further development of the treatment of curvatures of the spinal column. On its basis were developed "medical gymnastics" and "kinesitherapy" (treatment by movement). These principles of exercise therapy are used, as in specialized rehabilitation centers, and in home patients with the round back.
Thus, treatment round the back in children by using exercise therapy has a long history, which proved high effectiveness of the method. In adults, its use is limited in the presence of organic deformations of the vertebrae and muscular-ligamentous apparatus, which require surgical intervention.