Features of diagnostics and treatment of scoliotic posture in children and adults
Scoliotic posture – the offset of the vertebral column in the lateral plane (frontal). Pathology visible for an external view of the back of a man unequal to the height of the shoulder girdle, the lateral position of the axis of the spine, the bulge and the divergence of the blades. Unlike true scoliosis scoliotic posture with these changes disappear when the person takes a horizontal position or tilted forward.
The Diagnosis is made according to the results of lateral radiographs of the spine. On it are traces of lateral displacement of the axis of the spinal column in the standing position studied. In the horizontal position, the curvature is not observed.
What distinguishes scoliotic posture the child from true scoliosis
Classic scoliosis in a child is manifested by curvature of the vertebral axis in the frontal plane (sideways). This deformation does not disappear when changing body position unlike scoliotic posture.
A Persistent lateral curvature of the axis of the spine occurs in about 30 per cent of our population (3 people out of 10). In the school years, the frequency of the true prevalence of scoliosis was lower – 10%.
Among adult scoliotic posture is observed more often at 6 from 10. If we take an average class of 20 students, only 3-4 children is the physiological location of the spinal column. Of the two classes, at least one of the students found kyphoscoliotic posture (thoracic kyphosis is reinforced with turning it to the side).
Features kyphoscoliotic posture:
- Instability of the warp (disappears in a horizontal position);
- is resolved after conservative treatment;
- Rarely leads to compression syndrome (impairment of nerve fibers);
- On the radiograph indicated the deviation of spinous processes from the vertical axis;
- Externally, the head is tilted, the shoulders are uneven, the blade is divorced, nipples of mammary glands are located at different heights.
The Most reliable sign to distinguish the true from scoliosis scoliotic posture is twisting in the first case, of the spine along the axis (rotation). On the radiograph you can see how the vertebrae are arranged in a vertical ladder. As a result, when tilted forward for scoliosis is possible to observe the protrusion of the ribs forward on the side of the scoliotic curve.
External symptoms of lateral curvature of the spine axis
All organs in the human body are mutually and harmoniously. Koliosnaya posture leads to displacement of bone skeleton of the body, therefore when pathologies there are other outward signs:
- Shortening of the limb on one side and increase on the other. Symptom due to involvement of the joints of the lower limb, accounting for maximum loading in adults. In children the symptom occurs because of the curvature of the knee joints in an asymmetric position of the axis of the body;
- Offset of the pelvis to change the angle of it. Iliac bone is raised by the curvature as the spine is firmly fixed to pelvic bones;
- Rotate the lumbar vertebrae in the lateral plane and opposite shift in the thoracic region the child is observed in patients with severe curvature. In adults, almost always;
- Shoulder girdle is tilted more from the curvatures;
- the Head is shifted in the direction opposite to the inclination of the shoulder girdle;
- Reduction of thoracic kyphosis in comparison with lumbar lordosis up to 3 degrees (or gipokaliemicski scoliotic posture). If the thoracic convexity posteriorly of the child is reduced more significantly, it can be assumed scoliosis;
- Increase muscle tone on the side of the arc curvature can lead to pinched nerves only in severe degree of pathology.
External symptoms of scoliotic posture is so specific that for the expert is to diagnose the disease by external examination of the child.
Treatment and exercises
Treatment of postural disorders in children involves a combined approach with the following methods:
- the Wearing of orthopedic corsets;
- Relief of the secondary symptoms;
- correct sitting and standing;
- to Eliminate bad habits.
There are some specific features of the scoliotic arc treatment in children. They include:
- Normalizing the situation of the head, neck, shoulder girdle, elimination of the relative shortening of the limbs. For this purpose classes for specific devices to correct the curvature. Such simulators consists of a ladder with the rungs and hinges at the top. At the bottom of the crossbar are fixed with a special screed. As a result of use of the equipment are eliminatedfluctuations in the implementation of anterior-posterior bending. Inclined plane bench to practice creates is proportional to the load on the muscles of the back of the child;
- Exercises to eliminate the hypertonicity of skeletal muscles prescribed by a doctor after a thorough study of the condition of the spinal column. When scoliotic arc some groups of muscles are in a state of persistent contraction, while others are relaxed. To maintain the axis of the spine in the correct position they must operate simultaneously;
- Correction of changes in lumbar lordosis and thoracic kyphosis is the most optimal using a reference ladder. It is used when performing therapeutic exercises.
Exercise to correct the sideways curvature of the spine with the use of simulators:
- Uprites feet on the stairs. Under the lower back place a cushion. Hands grab the bar, located at chest level. Try to shake the ladder. This exercise will strengthen the musculature of the back, as the oscillations of the simulator are transmitted to the muscle corset;
- To eliminate distortion recommend you to perform stretching on the Swedish ladder. Take initial position, as in the previous exercise. In extension, grab the bar, which is located at the maximum height so that the gluteal region was slightly raised above the floor level. Keep the pose for 5 minutes and then return to the bench back;
- useful For back stretching in the supine position with the inclined plane. Lie on the machine with raised seat and grab the bar overhead. SIP down body, hold the hands up. You should not stretch too much, as this may cause pain.
Thus, the scoliotic posture in contrast to a true scoliosis can be effectively treated with the right approach. The main thing – to prevent its transition into an irreversible state with a persistent lateral curvature of the vertebral column.