Why joints ache after a workout and what to do about it?
Attended at the hall about an hour and noticed that joints ache after exercise, what to do? does the duration of exercise in discomfort? Is it possible to prevent or minimize it?
Where does the pain syndrome
Among sports doctors and professional athletes, it is believed that to feel pain after a workout is quite natural. This reaction of the human body for the quantity and quality of load occurs mainly during the first classes. However, it is important to distinguish the nature of pain, it should be only in the muscles but not the joints.
A Joint is the link bones. Why are they sick? The nature of sensations, one can distinguish several sources of painful symptoms:
- Trauma received in the process of sports. Depending on the severity of the injuries are mild (contusion, sprain) and complex (dislocation, fracture).
- Inflammation of the tissues of the joints. The main symptom in this case redness, swelling and increased size. The joint is very sore when driving, and when palpating. The inflammatory process in the joint is a disease (arthritis).
- deformity of the joints. Similar inflammatory signs: pain, poor mobility, sometimes accompanied by a crunch. Painful sensations appear due to deterioration of joints and gradual destruction of ligaments and capsules, abrasion of the articular cartilage. To more accurately determine the cause of pain, it is desirable to x-ray or MRI. Also refers to the number of diseases (osteoarthritis).
Injuries, arthritis and arthrosis cannot be cured on their own in the home, be sure you must seek medical help.
depending on the Hobbies any type of sports training are different common types of pain and injuries of the joints. For example, classes in which the load is predominantly on the upper body, arms and shoulders that can contribute to pain in the elbow and shoulder joints. Possible damage to cartilage. Elbow joint is complex structure, so you need to carefully perform strength exercises, do not abuse the maximum loads.
The Workouts related to the involvement of the lower limbs (running, soccer, Cycling, figure skating), often accompanied by pain in the knee joints. They are the result of overloads on the ankle, the muscles and ligaments in this area. It is possible to allocate a ligament injury knee, meniscus injury, injury of articular cartilage.
To a lesser degree experience the physical strain of the wrist and hip joints. Pain and injuries they happen quite rarely.
Methods of treatment of joints
It Seems all very simple: if there's pain – just take painkillers and it will pass. This method is invalid because is a temporary measure and does not give understanding of the causes of the malaise. Pain in joints after exercise a direct reason to visit the doctor to make a diagnosis. Treatment is assigned based on the identified disease. All methods can be grouped into three groups:
- Operational. Used in advanced cases when other methods ineffective and without surgical intervention there is a threat to human life.
- Traditional. Depending on the specific disease being used: medicines (tablets and injections), massage, physiotherapy, manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, cold therapy, laser therapy.
- Unconventional. Traditional methods are varied: the preparation of decoctions and infusions, compresses and rastirok, moxibustion with salt or warmer, use wax and others.
The doctor Visit and examination is not a reason to abandon the trip to the gym. You may have to limit sports for a period of time, and further reduce the load on hands or feet (knees). Therefore, in order not to run to the doctors, you need to follow a few simple rules when playing sports.
Ways to prevent the pain
- Good start to any workout – warm-up. The human body is heated, are part of the circulatory system and breathing. The blood flow in the muscles increases, enhancing the extensibility of the tendons. This training significantly reduces the likelihood of injury.
- Careful adherence to technique of exercise. Each movement aimed at a certain group of muscles, and, if it is wrong to carry them out, no use for it. Pick up set of exercises will help an experienced coach.
- Stick to the principle of moderation and gradual increases of load. In this case it is better to practice a little less and secure than to increase physical activity and thereby increase the risk of pain.
- to Include in the diet foods that contain beneficialvitamins and minerals for the joints. Fish and seafood contain omega-3 fatty acid and phosphorus, dairy products and cheese are rich in calcium. Currants, rose hips, citrus supply the body with vitamin C.
To minimize sensations of pain in the joints, it is advisable to train under the supervision of an experienced coach.
It will choose a set of exercises with optimal physical activity as well as oversee the correctness of their implementation.