What exercise equipment is better to use for scoliosis
exercise Equipment for the treatment of scoliosis are used for the normalization of tone of skeletal musculature, which will continue to keep the spine in physiological position. This is to prevent the progression of pathological deformation in the lateral plane.
When you perform dosed physical exertion will normalize blood flow to internal organs, restoring balance to the skin and increases alertness.
effects on the body while applying these products may be:
When the local load train certain muscle groups. The overall impact is carried out on several types of skeletal muscles simultaneously. For example, if you deadlift in the process involves the muscles of the shoulder girdle, back, abdominal muscles, the muscles of the hips, buttocks and lower limbs.
trainers are Effective for the treatment of scoliosis
For the treatment of scoliosis uses 2 types of machines:
- Cardiovascular equipment (treadmills, stationary bikes).
For the treatment of curvatures of the back use the following types of strength training:
- "Twist" refers to models for the formation of hyperextension. Consists of a special bench and a few supports. It is possible to perform the translational motion of the torso that allows you to stretch the spine vertically. The product is used mainly for the elimination of deformations in the middle part of the back.
- "T-rod" is a lever which on one side fixed to the hinge, and the second are "pancakes". Allows you to perform exercises in standing and sitting.
The Models with adjustable load have the footrest and the lever connected to the cargo Desk. When training on it creates resistance to the muscle groups of the limbs and trunk.
On the power models can be performed:
- Thrust to the chest and head when the curvature of the thoracic spine;
- with horizontal Stretching unit;
- of a Trapezoid with a barbell and dumbbells;
Attention! When you perform weight training there is a threat of injury to the musculoskeletal system of the back, so the set of exercises assigned by the therapist must be observed with minute accuracy.
The Thrust behind the head is designed to train the rhomboids, the supraspinatus and infraspinatus muscles that fix the neck and thoracic spine.
hyperextension trains the extensor muscles, which are directly adjacent to the vertebral column.
When power data of muscle groups will be sufficient (assessed by instructor) for the treatment of scoliosis, you can add other exercises:
- the Tilting of the post;
- Traction in the slope;
- Mahi dumbbells in the side.
This complex effectively eliminates lateral curvature in the lumbar spine, but at the same time is hazardous to health. The girls in the 2nd degree of scoliosis should not lift weights weighing over 10 kg, and men over 20 kg.
Before you start training, you must make sure that the person will hold it properly. To do this in specialized rehabilitation centers conducted multiple training sessions with an instructor.
If your doctor has prescribed the wearing of a belt or orthopedic corset, it should not be removed when doing strength exercises.
Cardio equipment are applied to restore breathing and cardiac activity, which changes in pathological lateral displacement of the spine. Prolonged abnormal breathing leads to retraction of the intercostal spaces, deformation of thorax and strengthening of respiratory failure.
Rules of application of power loads on the muscle
There are certain rules that must be respected when performing power loads:
- Vis on the bar has a positive effect on the abnormal curvature of the spine only without making a sharp and snatching movements.
- Lifting weights should be done slowly;
- Riding on stationary bikes for scoliosis is allowed only with the support arms on the elbow pads. This will turn off from work the musculature of the back and increases the load on the lower limbs.
- Activities on an inclined bench should be performed without feeling pain. If you experience pain, decrease the angle of its inclination;
- Power load should be increased gradually in accordance with increase muscle strength and endurance.
narrowly Focused exercise machines for strengthening the back are the best option for the treatment of lateral deformation of the spine, asthey form a point load at the area of curvature.
As a result of multiple clinical studies conducted using strength training in patients with S-shaped scoliosis proved that the muscle tissue will effectively hold the spine in the correct position, if its mass is at least 40% of body weight.
It is Obvious that the obesity curvature of the spine in the frontal plane to be treated with machines difficult, because you need to build muscles. This procedure is not optimal, because in case of excessive power loads increases the heart muscle. More precisely – it occurs hypertrophy. As a consequence, we can say that the use of simulators for the treatment of scoliosis in people with overweight ineffective.
In this situation, the application of these products is rational only for local tone certain muscle groups. While the load should be increased gradually.
Thus, the treatment of lateral spinal deformity in people with a high body mass more efficiently on the cardiovascular equipment. They will increase reserve opportunities of respiratory system. The best option in this case is a treadmill.
Thus, the simulators for effective treatment of scoliosis with the right mix of exercise and constant supervision in the process of training the strength and endurance of muscle groups. If a person has increased body weight, they will not correct the deformity of the spinal column, since even highly trained muscles will not be able to hold a heavy spine in the correct position.