When using a handheld massager for back and neck?
In the modern world, when a person spends more time at work and sitting at a computer, handheld massager for back and neck indispensable. Rarely meet a person who doesn't like massage very relaxing. But because of permanent employment or the lack of funds not everyone has the opportunity to consult a professional masseuse.
In this case, suitable handheld massager. It is designed to relax the muscles of the spine, so they will become stronger, improves blood flow back, increase vitality and immunity, cheer up. Massage in the neck area due to muscle relaxation and improved circulation will help eliminate a headache. TOOOhe Most common and affordable is a roller massager for the back. It can be used at home to bring to work, in the sauna, a bath or a trip.
Types of roller massagers and their effect
Roller massager for your back relieves tension in the muscles of the spine. It can be used both for treatment and prevention of sciatica and degenerative disc disease. Greater effect can be achieved with the help of this massager jagged shape. The cloves help enhance blood vessels due to the fact that the cells of the skin and glands faster filled with nutrients from the blood.
The Production of these massagers is constantly being improved. When manufacturing takes into account the peculiarities of the body structure and anatomical features of fingers of a man. This allows you to bring this massage to professional. Massager can have soft or hard base that allows you to achieve the effect of a fingertip massage. The videos on this tool for massage can be plastic or wooden, with spikes or without them, different shapes and sizes. There are also products with rubber spikes on rollers.
Wooden massager is the most popular because they are made of environmentally friendly material. Especially good in this respect, products made of birch. From their touches appear pleasant sensation, and no irritation. They are ideal for use in sauna or bath, since it does not slide in hands even if wet.
The Massager with rollers for back and neck can be of the following types:
- a Wheelchair is a stick or a rolling pin with attached rollers that rotate on an axis. To perform massage they rolled on the desired areas of the body. In most cases, requires the assistance of another person.
- Belt massager is great for warming the back, and the long handles allow you to use it without assistance. Using it, you can improve blood circulation, relieve tension in the neck and back, improve the immune system. Thanks to the convenient form, this massage even hard to reach places. Well massaged scapular region.
- Outdoor ball massager, for use which is required to lie on his back and wiggle. Upper body a strain on the lower back, and your head is on the neck. This is the most appropriate load, since corresponds to the usual sense of these sections.
Rules and method of using massagers
Roller massager for your back it is better to use after taking a hot bath or shower. The skin will warm up and improve circulation. If possible, you should use a cream or massage oil to the skin is not stretched, and slid the massager over the body. The body position should be such that the back and neck are most relaxed. It is better if the massage will be done by another person, then you can achieve total relaxation.
Important is the force of pressure of the massager on areas of the body. If the pressure is weak, then the desired effect will not work. If it is very strong, it can occur hematoma and bruising.
The Technique of massage of the back and neck includes the following steps:
- back Massage starts from the bottom up. Moving on up, should put pressure on the rollers, down – to relieve the pressure. PR must avoid massage of the lymph nodes.
- Massaging the lumbar, moving the tumbler from side to side, gradually lifting it until the lower part of the thorax.
- Massage Boca. For this purpose, the massager is placed over the loin, pressing the balls first to one side and then to another.
- Massaged neck and neck Department, starting from scalp and ending with the blades. During this procedure, you should also do the head tilt to the side and front to back. Massage neck and neck division to perform better while sitting.
- pelvic Region completes the procedure. The massage begins at the buttocks, gradually rising to the waist. Massager you will need to move in a zigzag.
To Carry out this procedure need not occasionally, but daily, performing each exercise in several approaches. Then to achieve the effect will be faster and easier. Redness of the skin speaks of the restoration of blood circulation in this area. When the massage should be discontinued.
After using the massager should be washed with hot water and soap.
The Advantage is that roller back massager can be used not only to the exposed areas of the body, but also over the clothes. This is very useful when you want to reduce muscle tension at work.
electric Hand massager
Very convenient, but more expensive is a hand-held electric massager for back and neck, which works from mains or batteries. He assumes as self-application and massage with the help of another person. These designs are very easy to use, convenient and compact. Massage can be performed at different speeds and using different nozzles depending on the purpose of massage. For the back and neck of the nozzle are different because the neck is more fragile part of the body.
electric massager operates on the principle of vibration, which resulted in irritated skin receptors and muscles. By relieving fatigue and muscle tension, improves the metabolism in tissues, restores the nervous system.
Some models of electromassage heated. This feature is especially useful to people developing osteoarthritis. On the back it is recommended to work at least half an hour, neck – about 15 minutes. People with intolerance to vibration this massager is not suitable.
Indications and contraindications to the use of hand massagers
Like any type of massage, massager for back and neck has its indications and contraindications.
Their use is recommended in the following cases:
- recurrent or persistent pain in the spine;
- minor curvature of the spine;
- sedentary lifestyle
- strong load on the spine due to heavy lifting
- intense exertion in sports, especially professionally
- degenerative disc disease
- weakened muscle tone after illness with prolonged bed regime.
Not recommended their use in the following cases:
- violation of integrity of the skin in the area where the massages;
- dislocations of the vertebrae;
- large herniation of intervertebral disks;
- in the period after fractures or operations;
- in the period of exacerbation of chronic diseases of internal organs (lungs, heart, kidneys, etc.)
- viral or bacterial infection, accompanied by an elevation of body temperature and General weakness;
- disorders of the nervous system, especially the excessive excitability;
- and the exacerbation of chronic diseases of the spine.
In any case, before using the massager, consult your doctor.
What we can conclude?
The Use of hand-held massagers for the back and neck is not only convenient, but also pleasant. You can apply them anywhere and any time, and their variety will allow to choose the most appropriate one. When you select should take into account the fact that not always the best – this is the most expensive. You need to take into account contraindications and preferences.
Of Course, the massager will not give a full healing effect. It is more suitable for the prevention of serious spinal diseases in healthy people. For the treatment of diseases of the spine should be used in combination with physical therapy and medication, which is prescribed by the physician.