Therapies (articular) exercises for the back in cases of hernias of the spine
Intervertebral hernia is very unpleasant and dangerous disease. Competent doctor before the decision of surgical treatment will certainly recommend a combination of medication and physiotherapy; will tell how effective physical exercises and gymnastics in the herniated spine. Not necessary to be skeptical of the treatment of this disease with the help of medical physical culture. Its effectiveness have proven the following methods of articular exercises:
- Adaptive gymnastics Bubnovsky;
- Method dikulja;
- Combination method Dr. Pellico.
what is the essence of each of these methods?
Adaptive gymnastics Bubnovsky
S. M. Bubnovsky has developed based on years of experience and observations of patients with hernias of the spine a unique medical complexes. The technique is called "kinesiotherapy" or adaptive gymnastics. It is based on a complex effect on musculoskeletal apparatus: muscles, joints, and not only on the spine and nearby organs.
In part, the blame for the occurrence of disk herniation is on the inactivity of certain muscle groups. Activation of these muscles and their associated joints indirectly exerts a regenerating effect on the spine. In it activates blood circulation and metabolic processes.
Properly selected load lead to the strengthening of the muscle corset, which was based on the back muscles and abdominals. Strengthening these muscle groups, we reduce the compression of intervertebral disk, and this is resulting in reduction and regression of hernia.
Bubnovsky Technique, in addition to the therapeutic effect with a hernia of the spine, allows you to boost the overall flexibility of the spine, reduce salt deposits in osteochondrosis, improves the performance of psychostatus.
Bubnovsky has developed a huge amount of exercise for the treatment of intervertebral hernias, only one of the complexes of therapeutic exercises, proven in cases of hernias of the spine of any localization and diseases of the back:
- the position on all fours maximally relaxes. Take a deep breath and slowly lignite the back (like a cat). Slowly exhale and bend your back. Smoothly perform 20 iterations. If there is pain, decrease range of motion or discard the exercise.
- Lie on your back, arms along the body. After a deep breath slowly exhale and lift your pelvis off the floor for maximum height, resting on the shoulders and feet. Lower your pelvis and inhale at the same time. Smooth 20 repetitions.
- In a supine position with hands behind head. The elbows toward the ceiling. Bend your legs at the knees at 90 degrees. Chin pressed to his chest. Gradually, try to reach elbows to knees. To touch knees and elbows is optional – the main thing is the desire to connect them. Repeat until you feel fatigue, do not overreach.
- On all fours. Try to lean as far forward as possible without bending the elbows. Go back to the original position. Repeat 20-25 times.
Combined technique of Pellico
Over 10 years ago, a group of specialists under the leadership of Vyacheslav Vitalyevich Pellico early experiments on the combination of methods exercise therapy and physiotherapy. To date, obtained remarkable results. The treatment principle is based on the isolation of the three main points of application of therapy:
- the suppression of inflammation, pain, improve blood and lymph flow;
- reduction of hernial education;
- reduction of trauma to the neural structures.
In each of these areas of Pellico developed methods of exposure.
Anti-Inflammatory and analgesic effect:
- anti-inflammatory and analgesic agents;
- reduction of spasticity of the muscles;
- local injections of anesthetics and corticosteroids;
- physio - and reflexotherapy;
Hernial protrusion in complex Pellico reduce:
- microwave therapy
- local injection therapy;
- traction (traction).
To Reduce the injury of nerve trunks is possible using:
- articular exercises;
- stretching and traction of the spine;
- work with a psychologist
In each case is selected individually treatment programs under the supervision of a physician in accordance with these clinical observations and the results of neuroimaging methods (CT, MRI). Often have to combine several techniques, allowing to achieve the best results in the treatment of Pellico.
What method is preferred?
All methods have proven their effectiveness. It must be remembered that the use of therapeutic exercises for spinal herniation is possible only in remission. In the acute period can not be used because of possible aggravation of the process and the aggravation of pain syndrome accompanying hernia.
Advantage of the complex Pellico is the use of medical methodsto suppress the acute process and the opportunity to do therapeutic exercises by any method.