The effective zone for the back with a hernia – what is it?
Belt for back when hernia helps to prevent the progression of the disease, but it should pick up the individual features of the vertebral column.
Before you can assign patients orthopedic products, a qualified spine or orthopaedic trauma performs a large inventory of clinical trials to establish the nature and characteristics of deformation of the spinal column of the patient.
design features for the treatment of herniated discs
In appearance an orthopedic belt for the treatment of intervertebral hernia resembles a cartridge case. It is fastened to the torso of the person using the Velcro or laces. In front and rear of the sleeve has a hardened insert made of elastic strips or plates. The combination of strength and flexibility creates rigidity models:
- Soft waistband – used for the prevention of scoliosis in schoolchildren and young children;
- Medium stiffness – to support the spinal column when spinal disc herniation, severe degenerative disc disease, lumbago (sharp back pain)
- Rigid waistband – to be appointed orthopedic, heavily compress the anatomical structures in the overlap area. Used for correction of abnormal curvatures of the vertebral column.
The Therapeutic effect of belts for the back is also determined by the degree of fixation:
- Easy degree – the product is indicated for the prevention of muscle spasms, inflammatory diseases of the nerves, in the numerous post-rehabilitation period after surgery for removal of intervertebral hernias;
- Medium – indicated for osteoporosis (low calcium in bone tissue), spondylosis (fusion of the adjacent vertebrae to each other), sciatica (sharp pain in the lower back, pelvis and lower limbs).
- Strong degree – the belt has a rigid structure and prevents the displacement of individual vertebrae (spondylolisthesis). These products help to make declinatio (unbias) and to remove the overload on a specific part of the spine to compensate for the lack of functionality of the spinal column.
To modern belts for back in medicine presented 2 requirements:
- Efficiently unload the damaged segment of the spinal column and to redistribute the load on the healthy parts;
- to Provide a reliable correction of injured spinal segments and to create functionally correct position in the overlap area (to return the vertebrae in physiological position).
Indications for wearing an orthopedic belt
Using orthopedic belt to waist shown with the following pathologies:
- Degenerative diseases of the lumbar, thoracic and sacral spine (spondylosis, osteochondrosis, scoliosis);
- Osteochondropathy vertebral (violation of transformation of cartilage to bone)
- the Defeat of the spine infectious diseases and tuberculosis;
- Traumatic injuries of the spine (compression fracture of a vertebral body, the gap between the spinous and transverse processes)
- neurological diseases (neuropathy, infections of the spinal cord and brain);
- the Rehabilitation period after injuries of the lumbar, sacral and thoracic sections of the spinal cord;
- In young people with scoliosis (lateral offset) of the spine;
- Excessive physical exertion (athletes, porters and drivers).
Fundamentals of therapeutic properties of orthopedic products for the spine
Pillowtop models when herniated professionals are appointed only after assessing the nature of the pathological process and the properties of the product.
What properties should have a model for the treatment of loss of the cartilage disk:
- to Support the muscular system;
- Enhance blood circulation in the area of tight contact with the skin;
- Fix the damaged segment in the correct physiological position;
- to Prevent the stretching of the muscles;
- Relieve pain
The Principle of therapeutic action of the product is quite simple. The vertebral column consists of cell parts (spinal segment), but when damage occurs because of excessive mobility, which violates the cushioning and leads to a shift of the entire vertical axis of the back.
When walking or lifting weights is damaged the spine is subjected to additional load with a violation of the anatomical location of bones, stretching of ligaments and muscles. Intervertebral hernia creates additional tension, which leads to inflammation of the nerve fibers (sciatica).
Belt for the backfixed part of the spine in physiological position, which limits excessive mobility. With increased physical capabilities and can only perform certain types of gymnastic exercises to strengthen the muscle corset back.
Additional trauma of bone structures is thus excluded, as fragile vertebrae are protected from fractures, orthopedic product.
The Model for the back fit also to prevent damage. If a person plays sports, the product will prevent injuries, fractures and muscle ruptures.
Special types of belts for the spine
The Patented stretching belt "doctor Disk" has some specific peculiarities and is very effective in the treatment of herniated discs. It not only limits mobility of the affected segments, but also able to gradually recover their normal dimensions.
Drawing the product is placed between the pelvic bones and lower part of the thorax. By gradually increasing the size of the product by pumping creates the possibility of stretching the lumbar spine.
Inflate the model you need according to your doctor recommendations according to the extent of reducing the size of the damaged segment and the nature of the pain syndrome that occurs after wearing this model.
Indications for wearing “doctor Disk”:
- Acute back pain
- Herniated disc
- Spondylarthrosis (damage to the joints between the vertebrae)
- Obesity pain in the lower back;
- Professional activities with lifting weights
- Narrowing of the spinal cord;
- Weakness of the abdominals and lower back muscles;
- sciatica and piriformis syndrome.
Conclusion based on the above information: belt for the back are the perfect tool for maintaining the axis of the spine in the correct position. Wearing them has shown not only in diseases but also for preventive purposes. If you have plenty to choose orthopedic product, it will help to avoid many complications and restore man to work.