How to keep your posture and develop the habit of watching her
Studying how to keep the posture, one is confronted with many recommendations of experts. To perform the full range of conditions necessary for the formation of a smooth back, it is necessary not one year. In most cases you can use only some embodiments of combination therapy pathology to quickly return back physiological condition.
In case of a serious deformation of the spine to monitor the posture more difficult. A person should regularly exercise, wear braces, use of medical drugs. To deal with how to maintain correct posture, review the main factors influencing the formation of straight back.
How to assess the condition of the spine in the home
Before talking about how to monitor the posture, you should examine the condition of the back, identify its weaknesses and develop a method of treatment of pathology. It's enough to answer the questions special test:
- do pain in the back. If they are eliminated analgesics;
- whether There are violations of urination, fatigue and weight reduction;
- whether Radiating pain in the genital area or the perineum;
- is there still pain when lifting your good leg parallel to the floor;
- whether Plagued by back pain for more than a year;
- is There numbness of thighs and calves;
- is it Difficult to walk on tiptoe;
- do you Feel discomfort when you try bending
- whether the spine Cope with daily difficulties.
If a few questions arise the answer is "Yes", you should learn how to watch your back to prevent serious health problems.
the Impact of the gait on the formation of the spine
Gait is a natural movement of the trunk through the lower extremities. Some doctors call walk "posture in motion". It is very important for the proper formation of the axis of the spine, because the majority of the time spent on your feet.
Classification of gait:
On the practical experience of orthopedists are convinced that there is a direct relationship between the spine scoliosis (curvature of the axis in the lateral plane) and the characteristics of the gait of the patient. If you examine the position of the lower limbs during prolonged walking in high heels, it is obvious that the curve of the heel at an angle of 5-15 degrees (always observed when walking in heels) leads to the curvature in the ankle joint. In this case, one leg is somewhat shorter than the other.
Over time you receive a defective posture. The woman begins to look for ways to return correct back condition and to monitor the posture, but continues to walk in high heels. In such a situation it is difficult to expect a positive effect of treatment.
What types of gait negatively affect the vertebral column:
- With parallel arrangement of the toes of the feet;
- With "X" or "O"-shaped curvature of the lower limbs in the knee joints;
- Shuffling gait with flat feet;
- Uneven step with a predominance of function of one leg;
- With asymmetric twists of the pelvis.
The Negative effects of improper gait for health:
- fatigue and swelling of lower extremities
- Gradual destruction of the ankle, hip and knee joints (arthrosis);
- Varicose veins;
- Compensatory growth in the bones and spine (osteophytes)
- the Weakness and the asymmetry of the muscular system.
These pathological changes add some complexity to develop the optimal scheme of restoration of straight back. When the doctor is necessary not only to monitor the correctness of the patient physical exercise, but also to treat comorbid conditions.
To maintain posture, you need to abandon high heels, try to keep your back straight and eliminate a different length of legs (for example, using rubber tips on the shoes). This pathology in the elderly occurs quite often because the arthritis is always accompanied by a change in leg length. In such situation rationally wearing orthopedic shoes, but podiatrists pay little attention to pathology of the lower extremities. They advise to only look at the back, although state data are interconnected.
How to stand
The Way of standing affects muscle and bone skeleton of the back. For some reason the formation of correct posture when standing is given little attention not only in medical universities, but also in schools. Consider how to stand correctly:
- Support for feet when standing should be uniform;
- Arrange socks at an angle of 15-30 degrees. Make sure that they are never placed in parallel;
- don't stand on one leg for more than 30 seconds.Better the weight of the torso evenly. If this fails, you should frequently change the position.
When the wrong way of standing, there are pathological changes:
- depreciation Increases the load on the spine;
- a Stomach protrudes forward, and after him shifted lumbar lordosis (physiological concavity of the spine in the lower back);
- there is asymmetry of the topography (one shoulder down, shifted to blades, change the location of the iliac crests);
- pain in the spine, degenerative disc disease (reducing the height of the gaps between the vertebrae)
- End result: deformation of the back and sharp pain in the lower back radiating to the perineum.
It's Hard to imagine that all of the above changes occurred due to the fact that the person is wrong. If he wants to maintain normal posture, and have to watch for the way of standing.
Learning how to sit and lie
To maintain a smooth back, you should learn to sit correctly. To do this:
- Back on the chair keep perpendicular to the plane of the pelvis;
- position the Buttocks near the back of the seat;
- Keep the lower back tight to the vertical plane of the back;
- Belly draw inward, and shoulders evenly place;
- the Seat should be shorter than the thigh, so as not to compress the vein. The height of the chair should not exceed the dimensions of the lower leg;
- Sit or stand up gently and smoothly;
- When lifting the chair should slightly lean forward and keep your back straight;
- do Not sit for long in an easy chair. It promotes relaxation of the skeletal muscles of the back;
- Not perekrashivat legs and put them on the floor.
To relax the spine, the bed should be flat. Pick up the mattress moderate hardness. For children we recommend a hard mattress, which would contribute to the physiological formation of natural arches.
The Pillow should keep the curvature of the cervical spine in physiological position and to contribute to the relaxation of the cervical musculature during sleep. Ideally, its width does not exceed the dimensions of the shoulder girdle.
To learn how to maintain correct posture will have to monitor the daily position of his body, to arrange the bed correctly and to treat the pathology of the lower extremities and spine. This is a long process, but rewarding, so ensure health for years to come.