Indications and contraindications of acupuncture
One of the methods of alternative medicine is acupuncture, indications and contraindications which must be monitored and taken into account only by the doctor. This technique has great potential in restoring balance in the body.
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a method of healing, which is considered part of alternative medicine. Currently in some countries it is used as a normal treatment method. In Beijing was founded the world's only center of medicine concerned with such treatment.Is piercing the skin with needles in specific points that lie along meridians, a network of channels covering the human body. Specific points are responsible for the appropriate authorities. The name “acupuncture” is derived from the Latin “acus” (needle) and “puncture (prick).
In accordance with this method, health is a state of balance between opposing forces of Yin and Yang that form a whole. As a result of their struggle arises the vital energy that accumulates in the internal organs and flows through channels (called meridians) within the body. If you violate the flow of this energy, for example, when a person gets sick, you can restore the state of equilibrium through the perforation of corresponding points lying along the meridians.
Mechanisms of therapeutic effects of
exploration of the mechanisms of therapeutic action of acupuncture. Scientists have shown that acupuncture points really exist. The study of the skin of these places showed that it significantly increased the number of nerve endings. They catch all kinds of stimuli, such as cold, heat, touch, and have less electrical resistance and significantly higher electrical conductivity relative to the surrounding skin.
The Procedure of acupuncture consists in pricking selected points on the body with special needles. There are about 630 akupunkturnyh points located on the 12 axes, the so-called meridians.
The Needle used for the treatment, are made of solid steel, they are additionally often covered with silver or gold. Thousands of years ago instead of needles used sharp parts of plants and bone fragments. Over time, began to make needles of stone, precious metals and bronze.
They have a different shape, the thickness and the length is also different. The length of needles ranges from 1.5 to 13 cm and a diameter from 0.26 to 0.45 mm. After careful finding spots on skin, disinfection of needles and the patient's skin, begin installing the instruments. Typically, the needle punctures do, squeezing the surrounding skin, this reduces the feeling of pain from the injection point and stabilizes.
During one procedure applies, as a rule, from several to tens of needles. It depends on many factors a doctor when planning treatment programs.
Basic rules of acupuncture
Important elements of therapy are as follows:
- the Patient undergoing the procedure must remain in a lying or sitting position, and his muscles relaxed.
- Through punctures that cause slight pain, the patient receives the therapeutic effect. If he experiences severe pain, then this indicates an error during the operation.
- the Area around the chest and belly is pierced on the breath.
- Needles, which are used during the procedure must be properly prepared.
- Test procedure is the first. She reports on how the patient responds to acupuncture. One procedure lasts on average about 30 min.
- it is Recommended that the patient went from 2-3 treatments per week, and the course of treatment is 15-20 times. Before the repeated courses are recommended two-week break.
- If after 3 courses of acupuncture, the patient does not feel the expected results, the follow-up procedures.
Indications for use
Effective treatment and virtually painless acupuncture is considered, the indications for the use of which is as follows:
- diseases of the nervous system – various kinds of acute and chronic neuralgia, sciatica, facial paralysis, paralysis after apoplexy of the brain;
- for dystonia, depression, neurosis;
- some allergic skin diseases, asthma, allergic rhinitis;
- for skin diseases – atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, acne, urticaria, seborrheic dermatitis
- in some diseases of the musculoskeletal system acute and chronic muscular pain of various origins, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, syndrome of painful shoulder syndrometennis elbow, osteoarthritis, sciatica;
- diseases of the oral cavity: gingivitis, tonsillitis, chronic recurrent tonsillitis teeth pain
- diseases of the genitourinary system: reduced potency, bedwetting;
- in diseases of the cardio-vascular system: arterial hypertension, impaired arterial circulation in the lower extremities (cold legs), coronary heart disease, venous insufficiency (varicose veins);
- when the irritability of the bowel, ulcerative disease of the duodenum and of the stomach;
- is used in the treatment of addictions – nicotine addiction, alcoholism, drug addiction;
- the consequences of sports injuries (torn muscles and tendons, bleeding in the muscles)
- disorders of metabolism (obesity).
Acupuncture is Also used in the case of insomnia, headaches and dizziness. This method has a wide range of indications. Today, research continues confirming its effectiveness and lack of negative consequences.
Repeatedly, the technique has become an alternative to the use of painkillers, frequent use which is harmful to the body and can cause dependency.